Update an Existing, Populated Contact Field to show No Data

My Mautic version is: Latest
My PHP version is: 7.4
My Database type and version is: MySQL 5.7

Your problem
Client updates contacts frequently, sometimes every day. Client field data can change from having an entry to not having one. Client wants/expects that an empty field will delete the existing data in that field. Obviously that does not happen in Mautic (and doesn’t make sense to me). Is the best solution for the client to require an entry by their data software so that way it enters/populates a 0, the word “null” or “NA” or something like that to replace the existing data? This is a financial services firm that takes thousands of applications daily. Since all their data has to be verified, contact data can change from initial contact throughout the workflow. Sometimes it can change multiple times based on credit scores, confirmation of titles on cars or homes etc. Many times data can go from showing something to being empty (owning a car for instance can go from owning a vehicle to not being able to verify ownership or it’s owned by a relative; so the field updates to being empty).

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: None as I’m trying to give them options for this.

Thanks
Chris Blair