Updating all contacts

I created a field and forgot to set the default to “0”, so now I want to select all contacts who don’t have a value and then update their value to 0.

How can I make a change to all contacts that have a certain field value empty?

Thanks

I created a field and forgot to set the default to “0”, so now I want to select all contacts who don’t have a value and then update their value to 0.

How can I make a change to all contacts that have a certain field value empty?

Thanks

Should I take it that this basic feature is not available?

you should take it as: “There is not too many Developers in the Forum here” :wink:

You have access to the Database?Then do it in there, Mautic can’t do a mass change in contacts.

Of course Mautic can:

• Create a segment with all contacts in it which do not have the 0 in you custom field
  • Create a campaign with an update contact action

:slight_smile: Well, THAT is an option :slight_smile:

The thread opener can accomplish what he wants with it, so sure it as an option :wink:

Sorry for the late reply…

Creating a campaign to update the details in the CRM? My Lord!

Is there any roadmap for taking the CRM to the next level?

OK, regarding Peter TL’s note above about using a campaign to update contacts, that’s actually totally brilliant. I tried it, and it works.

It may seem odd to “run a campaign” to do this, but that’s just semantics. It works, and is super fast (does rely on the cron jobs). No complaints on this end, since we have access to such a wide range of Actions as part of campaign.

Thanks Peter.
m