Update Contact Information in Preferences Center

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.1.2
My PHP version is: 7.4
My Database type and version is:

Your problem
My problem is:
How can I enable customers to update their name or address or country in the preferences page.
I already changed the field ‘first name’ and ‘country’ to be publicly editable but it has no effect:
https://engage.golfasia.com/email/unsubscribe/6200a6a06a390922583164
This is the default blank theme.
Thank you.

These errors are showing in the log:

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:

Any idea how to do this? Tips are greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

@gathh
View these links for more clarification.

With regards to the fields. Try add the short code for the field, to see if this can be added to your page.
You will need to do your own custom work on this.
M

Thanks for this. Unfortunately this does not work:
a) Mautic completely ignores the preferences page I created (I only have 1 custom preferences page and yes, I ticked ‘Set as preference center page’.
b) the custom preferences page preview completely ignores short codes for first name, etc. such as {contactfield=firstname}.

Any other ideas how to enable customers to update their name, country, address, etc? It can’t be that hard.

Thank you for any tips.

@gathh You could of course create a form to deal with this.
If you can identify the user then you could already populate the data. Although this could be dangerous. I would use forms on the website if its a closed business- ie the users need to login. Then you can use the API to push & pull the data so the user can see what they have. Might be a cleaner solution.
M

Thank you for this - this all sounds very complicated and difficult.
It would be best if all could be handled in the preferences page, just like with Mailchimp, etc.

Perhaps you can request this… I think there is a place to do this
@rcheesley
is there a place to add suggestions, see above

Can you use make a post in the feature request category linking to this post so that it can be noticed and worked on.

1 Like

Thank you very much - will do :slight_smile:

1 Like