Updates from Beta to 1.0

Hi guys

I updated the single file needed to fix the beta to 1.0 updates. All went well initially.

But, the update process hung for about an hour on the “Database updates”. After that, everything produced a Not Found error in the admin.

Hi guys

I updated the single file needed to fix the beta to 1.0 updates. All went well initially.

But, the update process hung for about an hour on the “Database updates”. After that, everything produced a Not Found error in the admin.

Hi Steve,

It sounds like it got hung up at clearing the cache (which happens during the database step). Can you first try deleting app/cache/prod to see if it restores access to the site?

If so, can you check your migrations tables in the database and post what the last entry is?

Thanks,
Alan

Thanks Alan

You know what - I came back 3 hours later and the upgrade seems to have finished successfully now.

I guess it was very slow, but it seems to have kept running in the background and all worked out.

Hmm. That’s an odd behavior as the actual upgrade process shouldn’t even take minutes. Unless there was something server side limiting building the cache (seems that some shared hosts may be moderating file writes). We are experimenting with some different things to try and prevent some of the cache files to see how it compares with speed, memory, etc.