Updating Email Addresses for Different Users with the Same IP

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.4.3
My PHP version is: 8.0.23
My Database type and version is: 10.8.4-MariaDB

Your problem
My problem is:

We have a Drupal page tracked by Mautic. Drupal uses the script in the head section to track that page.
Mautic correctly receives the data from the Drupal user, which is considered a contact.

Let’s imagine that I’m the one who enters a tracked Drupal page:

Email: des@gmail.com
IP: 88.90.90.90

Mautic receives my data, both the IP and the email, correctly. In the Mautic reports section, the table displays:

Now, I log out of my Drupal user session and log in with a different user. This user has a different email but the same IP.

Email: oscar@gmail.com

Mautic receives the data from Drupal again, and although it receives the data correctly, instead of adding it as a new report with the same IP and a different email, Mautic updates all the email addresses associated with the IP that matches the last one sent:

Report 1:

Report 2:

But it should be like this:

Report 1:

Report 2:

As you can see, it updates all emails associated with the same IP address, without considering that the previous IPs belonged to different users.

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:

Disabling the IP tracking option in Mautic.

**Github issue: ** Updating Email Addresses for Different Users with the Same IP · Issue #12350 · mautic/mautic · GitHub

When multiple users are behind a firewall and share one IP, Mautic uses cookies to identify contacts.

Can you provide some examples of: “Mautic mistakenly updates all the emails associated with that IP address.” Thahk you!

Hi, I can’t confirm this. Did you clear cache after disabling IP based tracking?
I do test with different browser instances (using different user profiles) with IP disabled. I never had this behaviour…

Did you test with different browser instances? Otherwise you are still using the same cookie, which would explain the behaviour.