Form submission sends email to user based on IP

I’m testing out a form on my website. I’ve already submitted to a different form on my website so I have been captured as a lead with a specific email. When I add in user details for a separate form and add in a different email address - Mautic ignores the different email address and (I assume) recognises the IP address and adjoining email address and send to that email address.

I’m thinking this could be an issue for multiple leads sharing an IP address (i.e. office space)

I’m testing out a form on my website. I’ve already submitted to a different form on my website so I have been captured as a lead with a specific email. When I add in user details for a separate form and add in a different email address - Mautic ignores the different email address and (I assume) recognises the IP address and adjoining email address and send to that email address.

I’m thinking this could be an issue for multiple leads sharing an IP address (i.e. office space)

The lead is created correctly and the points allocated correctly - but the automated email is sent to the first email address created with the identical IP address

Just tested out a third form with a third email address - strangely I received two emails - both to the second email address I had used!

So far three forms have worked like this:

form1emailaddress submitted - form1 asset received
form2emailaddress submitted - form2 asset sent to form1emailaddress
form2emailaddress submitted - form2 asset sent to form1emailaddress
form3emailaddress submitted - form2 asset sent to form2emailaddress
form3emailaddress submitted - form3 asset sent to form2emailaddress

Pretty strange.

Which instances are the email address the same / different?

mautic does use email, and IP address, but also uses cookies to help find different computers with the same IP, so we should be solving the problem of two people on the same IP.

Ah okay - this is all coming from the same laptop. Different email addresses between forms but the same email address on each individual form - three different emails were tested: form1emailaddress, form2emailaddress, form3emailaddress

If you need them all to come from the same laptop you need to enable “Kiosk Mode” on the form which will ignore the cookie and create new leads for each submit.