IP adress for leads

Hi everybody,

Still learning how Mautic work’s. Just came across something that seems quite strange to me. I’ve create a landing page with a form. When I tried it, I registered a first lead. Then, I asked a friend of mine, who lives with me and therefore uses the same router to connect to internet, to fill out the form. What happened was the following: The system registered her on my behalf. It deleated all of my data and overwrote them with hers. Is this normal or did something go wrong? Should the register process not be based on new email addresses and not on IPs? For instance, I’m thinking of a big company that has lots of employees filling out a form on one of our landing pages. Since all of them would use the same network and the same IP, Mautic will only register one lead for all of the employees entering their information? If so, is there a way to change that?

Thanks for your help!

Loic

Hi everybody,

Still learning how Mautic work’s. Just came across something that seems quite strange to me. I’ve create a landing page with a form. When I tried it, I registered a first lead. Then, I asked a friend of mine, who lives with me and therefore uses the same router to connect to internet, to fill out the form. What happened was the following: The system registered her on my behalf. It deleated all of my data and overwrote them with hers. Is this normal or did something go wrong? Should the register process not be based on new email addresses and not on IPs? For instance, I’m thinking of a big company that has lots of employees filling out a form on one of our landing pages. Since all of them would use the same network and the same IP, Mautic will only register one lead for all of the employees entering their information? If so, is there a way to change that?

Thanks for your help!

Loic

Turn on Kiosk mode on your form.

ok, it’s working. Thanks a lot.

Another question. With this Kiosk Mode, it will not give me the location (who is registered with IP I suppose). Is there a way to keep the direction with Kiosk Mode?

What do you mean by direction? The kiosk mode is for submitting a form from one place. For example in the class full of students or a kiosk at a conference.

Direction was location but I think it’s ok, I have my answer.
Thx

Still - given the two scenarios:

• big company with many people to fill out your form
  • dynamic IP Adresses (renewed and freshly assigned to someone else every 24h)

Both are very realistic. Maybe I’m wrong, but IP address shouldn’t be the unique key for a lead anyway? What do you think? So should Kiosk Mode be switched on generally?