Upgrade from 2.15.1 to 3

Hi,
I am running Mautic 2.15.1 on Ubuntu, and want to upgrade to the latest release. I saw in the upgrade instructions that one prerequisite is running Mautic 2.16.3.
What should I do to do the upgrade? Should I first upgrade from 2.15 to 2.16.3?

Yh, upgrade to 2.16.3 first. Then update the schema I.e yourmauticurl.com/s/update/schema (just to be safe for further upgrades), then move on.

Yes, like @devsrealm says, you’ll have to update to 2.16.3 first. The schema updates that @devsrealm mentioned will be applied automatically when you update :blush:

Mautic will automatically offer you the correct version, so if you’re on <2.16.3, it will first offer to update to 2.16.5 (released yesterday), when that’s done, you’ll be prompted to upgrade to Mautic 3.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE UPDATING!

There are two ways to do this:

UI (User Interface) upgrade

You should see a notification pop up in the Mautic interface under the notification bell (top left corner). If you click on it, you should be able to start the upgrade process.

CLI (Command-Line Interface) upgrade

• Go into your Mautic folder (e.g. cd /var/www/html)
  • (if you’re on Mautic 2) run php app/console mautic:update:find and follow the steps
  • (if you’re on Mautic 3) run php bin/console mautic:update:find and follow the steps
2 Likes