Hello, I’ve just installed Mautic and wanted to update to BETA to look at tags functionality.

Before I report my issue - I would like to say that I am amazed by mautic’s capabilities and the overal quality of the app. It certainly does look well thought. Chapeau bas!

How I broke the app? I did this:

Code:
php /home/perun/public_html/app/console mautic:update:find -e prod
Code:
Version 1.2.0-beta1 of Mautic is available for download. Please visit https://github.com/mautic/mautic/releases/tag/1.2.0-beta1 for more information. To update, you can run 'php app/console mautic:update:apply' from the command line.
*note I have selected BETA updates in options because of Tags.

Next I did:
Code:
php /home/perun/public_html/app/console mautic:update:apply
And this gave me something that was looking promising at first.
Code:
Are you sure you wish to update Mautic to the latest version? [0] No [1] Yes > 1 Extracting zip... Clearing the cache... Clearing the cache for the prod environment with debug false PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class MauticAddonBundleEntityAddon in /home/perun/public_html/app/bundles/PluginBundle/Entity/Addon.php on line 22

When I tried to re-run the command I got
Code:
[LogicException] Trying to register two bundles with the same name "MauticSocialBundle"

When accessing the site - it gives me
Quote:
The site is currently offline due to encountering an error. (...)

I tried to lookup this error but couoldn't find anything on this.... Can you suggest how do I work this out ?

thanks, Radek

Hello, I’ve just installed Mautic and wanted to update to BETA to look at tags functionality.

Before I report my issue - I would like to say that I am amazed by mautic’s capabilities and the overal quality of the app. It certainly does look well thought. Chapeau bas!

How I broke the app? I did this:

php /home/perun/public_html/app/console mautic:update:find -e prod

Version 1.2.0-beta1 of Mautic is available for download. Please visit https://github.com/mautic/mautic/releases/tag/1.2.0-beta1 for more information. To update, you can run 'php app/console mautic:update:apply' from the command line.
*note I have selected BETA updates in options because of Tags.

Next I did:

php /home/perun/public_html/app/console mautic:update:apply

And this gave me something that was looking promising at first.

[code]Are you sure you wish to update Mautic to the latest version?
[0] No
[1] Yes

Extracting zip…
Clearing the cache…
Clearing the cache for the prod environment with debug false
PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class MauticAddonBundleEntityAddon in /home/perun/public_html/app/bundles/PluginBundle/Entity/Addon.php on line 22[/code]

When I tried to re-run the command I got

[LogicException] Trying to register two bundles with the same name "MauticSocialBundle"

When accessing the site - it gives me

I tried to lookup this error but couoldn’t find anything on this… Can you suggest how do I work this out ?

thanks, Radek

Thanks for the compliments. :slight_smile: Our community works hard to make it something awesome for everyone!

Let’s see if we can solve your problem real quick - You may be able to simply delete the cache manually. Can you remove the cache folders (prod and/or dev) and see if that helps?

Thanks!
David

Hello,

Please note I have moved the cache folder outside public_html

Now when I /home/perun/mautic/cache# ls -lh
It returns

total 16K -rw-r--r-- 1 perun perun 814 Sep 3 13:25 languageList.txt drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4.0K Sep 3 14:28 pro_ drwxr-xr-x 6 perun perun 4.0K Sep 3 14:28 prod -rw-r--r-- 1 perun perun 102 Sep 3 14:26 script_executions.json

I removed all of these files so the /cache directory is emtpy

I still am unable to mautic:update:apply getting same error message and the website still gives [quote]The site is currently offline due to encountering an error. (…)[/quote]

Thanks for quick response ! Hope we can work this out :slight_smile:

thanks, Radek

EDIT: I went ahead and cleared the old cache folders in /app/cache/ but no joy

OK, I reinstalled the app to the new upgraded version 1.2.

Can you suggest how do I perform safe updates in future?