Using Company Object Custom Field in Form

Hi,

How can I use a Company custom field (number of employees) in a Form?

I can only select Custom Fields created with the “Contact” Object but not the “Company” Object.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Hi,
How can I use a Company custom field (number of employees) in a Form?
I can only select Custom Fields created with the “Contact” Object but not the “Company” Object.

Thanks a lot for your help!

I have the same issue… help?

Has this issue been solved yet?

I never used Company custom fields because the behavior is not predictable / useful. For example, I could not get the value of a Company custom field to display in an email to a contact of that company. So I just created the custom fields as “Contact” and not “Company”.

Data exchanged from one Contact to another within the same Company, must be done by API or other means. I would LOVE to find a more simple solution to this.

EP

Hi, looks like fields from company do show on the dropdown for forms:

1 Like

@mzagmajster If you send and email to a Contact listed under CompanyA, and CompanyA has the custom field vatid with data entered, can you use a token e.g. {contactfield=companyvatid} to send that data to the Contact?

I created such a situation with some fallback text {…|did not work} and it only sent the text “did not work”. I didn’t figure out how to insert the data entered in the Company custom field in an email to the Contact associated with that Company.

EP

According to docs here you can use company fields as well: https://docs.mautic.org/en/setup/variables. Make sure you specify alias of the field.

If this does not work, I think this should be considered a bug.

I’m using 4.4.9 and I can’t get company fields pulled through to emails using their alias. I can work around it, but this seems like a bug to me.

Hi, this is fixed in Mautic 5.

You can merge this PR in 4.4.9, and it will work.

Thanks, Joey. I’ll work around until we upgrade to 5.