Very Interesting error message after v2.4 upgrade

After successfully upgrading to version 2.4 today, I noticed the following error message in system log:

mautic.ERROR: Deprecation: SymfonyComponentDependencyInjectionDefinition::setFactoryService(doctrine) is deprecated since version 2.6 and will be removed in 3.0. Use Definition::setFactory() instead. - in file /home/…/mautic/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Definition.php - at line 204 [] []

It says something has been deprecated since version 2.6 and will be removed in ver 3.0. but we are only on version 2.4 so far!

Interesting, isn’t it? What is this error about? and what should I do to fix it?

After successfully upgrading to version 2.4 today, I noticed the following error message in system log:

mautic.ERROR: Deprecation: SymfonyComponentDependencyInjectionDefinition::setFactoryService(doctrine) is deprecated since version 2.6 and will be removed in 3.0. Use Definition::setFactory() instead. - in file /home/…/mautic/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/Definition.php - at line 204 [] []

It says something has been deprecated since version 2.6 and will be removed in ver 3.0. but we are only on version 2.4 so far!
Interesting, isn’t it? What is this error about? and what should I do to fix it?

@imautic I can’t help you with the error (sorry!) – but I think the version numbers are related to Symfony, not Mautic

No worries, Chris. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the same error message in their system, I actually think it is a bug.

On the surface, Mautic seems to be working fine. If I wasn’t checking system log for something else, I wouldn’t have noticed this.

I had the same message after a clean install with softaculous

Hi @imautic, I’ve seen the error a number of times.

It’s nothing to worry about :slight_smile: Basically it’s put in by the developers of the framework (Symphony) to ensure developers using their framework are aware that something is going to disappear in a future release. Mautic has it’s own similar messages also.

@MarkLL Thanks for the insight!