Where do I go to follow code for tracking from Email links

Hi everyone. This post is related to my support post seen here. Basically I’m trying to pre-poplute a form coming from an email link. Since I haven’t gotten much of a response I’m trying to investigate the code to get an understanding of how tracking works and form prepolutation works. I started in the form model by looking for autofill. Then followed the flow to the PageSubscriber where it looks like the autofill for the form is occuring by calling the form model “populateValuesWithLead” function. In that function, I see leadModel->getCurrentLead(); call, which I’m investigating. Now I’m trying to tie together where an email redirect link goes to. When I click through and email, it looks like it first loads some sort of redirect url (which probably processes the tracking) and then moves on to whatever the link LP actually is. I assume if a cookie is not currently set on a users device, this middle process sets a cookie and at the time that it redirects to a form it would autofill by getting the current lead from the cookie. However, I’m still early in my research and basically I’ve yet to find the autofill functionality to work at all (at lead on my tests)…

I’m hoping someone can help me out and point me in the right direction and save me some hours off hoping through the code to figure everything out. Additionally, if anyone has debugging tips I’d really appreciate it. I have a local server loaded with Mautic that I can play with. What’s the best way i can edit code, print out data (beyond logging), and be able to play with the code without having to reload cache. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Hi everyone. This post is related to my support post seen here. Basically I’m trying to pre-poplute a form coming from an email link. Since I haven’t gotten much of a response I’m trying to investigate the code to get an understanding of how tracking works and form prepolutation works. I started in the form model by looking for autofill. Then followed the flow to the PageSubscriber where it looks like the autofill for the form is occuring by calling the form model “populateValuesWithLead” function. In that function, I see leadModel->getCurrentLead(); call, which I’m investigating. Now I’m trying to tie together where an email redirect link goes to. When I click through and email, it looks like it first loads some sort of redirect url (which probably processes the tracking) and then moves on to whatever the link LP actually is. I assume if a cookie is not currently set on a users device, this middle process sets a cookie and at the time that it redirects to a form it would autofill by getting the current lead from the cookie. However, I’m still early in my research and basically I’ve yet to find the autofill functionality to work at all (at lead on my tests)…

I’m hoping someone can help me out and point me in the right direction and save me some hours off hoping through the code to figure everything out. Additionally, if anyone has debugging tips I’d really appreciate it. I have a local server loaded with Mautic that I can play with. What’s the best way i can edit code, print out data (beyond logging), and be able to play with the code without having to reload cache. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

@escopecz , could you help me out here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

@atlasgp: Do you simply want to transfer URL parameters into form fields on a Mautic landing page?

If yes, it is easy. Just use the form field names as URL parameters - that’s it.