1 Instance of Mautic for 2 Websites

One Mautic Instance for two websites. Both my websites, hosted on the same platform, are very similar in terms of segments and type of content. The main differentiating factor between the two is that the segments for each, have different demographics. THere is also significant interaction between the two websites. So, for example, if there is an email sequence for one for new subscribers, there will be a similar sequence for the second. The words in the emails may be slightly different, but the sequence itself will be the same. Given this scenario, I was wondering if I could install just one instance of Mautic on the same hosted platform and have Mautic run everything for both sites. Creating two instances of Mautic would imply more than a 90% overlap of types of fields in the two instances. It would seem to me much more efficient to have one instance of Mautic running both web sites. Could you please give me your advice on this question/issue? Thanks, Larry.

1 Like

One Mautic Instance for two websites. Both my websites, hosted on the same platform, are very similar in terms of segments and type of content. The main differentiating factor between the two is that the segments for each, have different demographics. THere is also significant interaction between the two websites. So, for example, if there is an email sequence for one for new subscribers, there will be a similar sequence for the second. The words in the emails may be slightly different, but the sequence itself will be the same. Given this scenario, I was wondering if I could install just one instance of Mautic on the same hosted platform and have Mautic run everything for both sites. Creating two instances of Mautic would imply more than a 90% overlap of types of fields in the two instances. It would seem to me much more efficient to have one instance of Mautic running both web sites. Could you please give me your advice on this question/issue? Thanks, Larry.

We actually do that, having Mautic forms and MTC on the primary site, and only Mautic forms (no MTC) on the secondary site.

What seems to bother you? If you’re collecting leads, you can simply diferentiate the sites. E.g. you can add a hidden field to every form on the secondary site, and then base your campaigns using the value from that hidden field as the condition (and if passes, move the contact to another campaign). Or similar…

Best,
D.