500 Internal Server Error when Trying to Send Single Email or Test Email (Using Amazon SES)

Your software
My Mautic version is: v2.16.0
My PHP version is: 7.2

Your problem
My problem is: Whenever I click to send a direct email or a test email, I’m getting this error:

These errors are showing in the log:

[2020-03-11 23:13:30] mautic.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception Swift_RfcComplianceException: "Address set in PathHeader does not comply with addr-spec of RFC 2822." at /home/crm.regh.io/public_html/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/PathHeader.php line 138 {"exception":"[object] (Swift_RfcComplianceException(code: 0): Address set in PathHeader does not comply with addr-spec of RFC 2822. at /home/crm.regh.io/public_html/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/PathHeader.php:138)"} []
[2020-03-11 23:23:58] mautic.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception Swift_RfcComplianceException: "Address set in PathHeader does not comply with addr-spec of RFC 2822." at /home/crm.regh.io/public_html/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/PathHeader.php line 138 {"exception":"[object] (Swift_RfcComplianceException(code: 0): Address set in PathHeader does not comply with addr-spec of RFC 2822. at /home/crm.regh.io/public_html/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Mime/Headers/PathHeader.php:138)"} []

I believe the last error is the most relevant one to this issue.

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:
I’ve cleared the cache and updated schema (no idea if those are relevant to this.)

I did not always have this issue… I got this issue after trying to fix my bounce management and sent a bunch of emails to Amazon’s bounce management thing. I feel like it was after that that this started.

Anyone have any ideas? Hoping to get some help or direction on this

I have the same problem: Error 500 sending email

No idea if this is related or if anyone else is having these problems, but what fixed this exact error for me was deleting everything in the Mautic Email settings that had to do with bounce and complaint handling.

I don’t mean the option at the very top, I mean all the imap inbox monitoring.