Ability to EXCLUDE contacts from campaigns based on segments, campaigns, stages, tags, etc

My idea is: Provide campaign conditions that would send to contacts based on their EXCLUSION from other activity. For example: I want people to send an email to contacts that are NOT tagged with something; or I want to send an email to all people who are NOT in Stage 2; or I want to to put people into a segment who have NOT been sent email 3.

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea: Marketers and anybody who is trying to add contacts to campaigns retrospectively, i.e. contacts have already been identified and possibly segmented, sent an email, added to a stage, have a tag, etc.

Why I think they would benefit from this idea: It will add a whole other dimension with which to target contacts and make the automation ‘smart’.

Any code or resources to support this idea: No, but other automation systems might be referenced e.g. HubSpot.

Are you willing to work on this idea?: Can assist with design or UX consulting, but not much of a coder I’m afraid.

What skills and resources do you need to explore this further? A developer familiar with Mautic condition coding?

Hey @anthony_colfelt,

Welcome to the community!

In theory, you should be able to achieve that with filtered segments right?

The filter supports, Tags excluding and also Email Sent Excluding.

Am I miss reading this?

Hi @renzof, thanks for your reply!

I never thought of doing it this way, but you are right. There is a way to create groupings based on excluding things via Segments! Thanks for shining the light on this.

I am coming from a HubSpot world, so my thinking needs some reprogramming to get used to the way to do things in Mautic. But I’m super excited by what we can do with it.

1 Like

Hi @renzof, here’s another challenge in the same category.

I would like to deduct points from contacts who do not open a particular campaign email.

How would you achieve this?

I could set up a segment with filter for Received Email = [email name] and Email Read Count = < 1 but would that second filter not apply to all emails? I would want it to apply to just the campaign email…

Hi @anthony_colfelt,

I would probably put that on the campaign itself, for example send email x > wait x days check it open email if not deduct point?

Hi @renzof,

OK, I must admit to feeling a little dumb right now. I only just worked out that the red connectors in the campaign builder are for negative things i.e. if someone doesn’t take a certain action… :roll_eyes:

I may not have raised this as a feature idea if I’d known that beforehand.

Thanks for your help with this.

1 Like

:joy: every day we learn something new.
Rather than felling dumb just feel a little wiser :slightly_smiling_face:

There many things that are not really intuitive in Mautic, I still not sure if this approach is better or not. However is still really powerful, I wish we were using it more.