All the red legs firing at once!

Hey guys, not sure if this is a bug or an operator error.

I’m trying to create a campaign that sends an email. If a page hit to a particular page hasn’t been made 7 days after the email sent, send a reminder. If it has, send e-mail 2 with the same logic (page hit via a different url, if they don’t visit it within 7 days, send a reminder, etc).

For this I have an e-mail send action linked to a page hit - one to red and one to green. The red email action has a 7-day delay.

My issue is that each of the emails that are sent send ALL of the 7-day delay e-mails at once. I’ve attached a screenshot of the chain so you can get an idea.

My assumption up until this point has been that one step is not executed until the prior step is compete. The actions I’ve seen seem to blow that assumption out of the water, which leaves me with a sub-question: how the hell do campaigns ACTUALLY run.

If someone could give me a 1-2 sentence synopsis that would be great. Truthfully, I’m trying to avoid spending a day of training videos.

I saw somewhere that this time is dependent on the time that they are added to the segment (rather than since the last action), but that seems ridiculous and I can’t think of another way to structure this campaign (aside from MAYBE breaking it up into multiple campaigns/segments)

I’m using the Mautic hosting.

Just as a note: I changed the red delays to 1 day for testing.

Any ideas?

d24e525c-596c-11e6-8fe0-617d6084b81a.png

Hey guys, not sure if this is a bug or an operator error.

I’m trying to create a campaign that sends an email. If a page hit to a particular page hasn’t been made 7 days after the email sent, send a reminder. If it has, send e-mail 2 with the same logic (page hit via a different url, if they don’t visit it within 7 days, send a reminder, etc).

For this I have an e-mail send action linked to a page hit - one to red and one to green. The red email action has a 7-day delay.

My issue is that each of the emails that are sent send ALL of the 7-day delay e-mails at once. I’ve attached a screenshot of the chain so you can get an idea.
My assumption up until this point has been that one step is not executed until the prior step is compete. The actions I’ve seen seem to blow that assumption out of the water, which leaves me with a sub-question: how the hell do campaigns ACTUALLY run.
If someone could give me a 1-2 sentence synopsis that would be great. Truthfully, I’m trying to avoid spending a day of training videos.
I saw somewhere that this time is dependent on the time that they are added to the segment (rather than since the last action), but that seems ridiculous and I can’t think of another way to structure this campaign (aside from MAYBE breaking it up into multiple campaigns/segments)

I’m using the Mautic hosting.

Just as a note: I changed the red delays to 1 day for testing.

Any ideas?

I have a simple version of this same problem… did you ever get a solution?