Amazon SES and Mautic Issues

Yes, will do. As I have been at this for hours,— eyes need a break right now.

1 Like

For sure, no rush at all - we are doing a bunch of work on improving our documentation at the moment so any help is much appreciated no matter how small!

Glad I was able to help find a solution!

Awesome job finding the issue. Many free hosts have limitations like this. One issue we ran into with Amazon SES and Mautic, on dedicated hosts, especially those using WHM/CPANEL is that you have to make sure you don’t have any transport security rules in place, or if you DO, you need to make sure you whitelist Amazon IP’s and ports, and hostnames (if possible) so that you can transport through mautic on those devices.

Cpanel made it much easier, as we can just open ports, and disable some SMTP transport rules fairly simply.

But, cent os, for example, in it’s default configuration, uses many SMTP blocking and transport rules that prevent mautic from working happily with CentOS. Opening the necessary ports isn’t enough, you have to disable those rules; but of course, if you disable those rules, you leave your server vulnerable.

So far, we have found the best solution is switch to Ubuntu, and in our case, we use Cpanel/WHM and mautic works like a charm for many of our clients/projects. We are quite happy with it.

I will say that there are some…oddities with Amazon SES though lol sometimes the email shows as ‘sent’ inside of Mautic, but in reality, won’t send for up to 5 minutes on Amazon SES, so i’d say if you are doing a timed campaign, one that sends emails quickly (we have one client who does this), i’d recommend switching to a higher performance server, or get a dedicated IP pool with Amazon.