amazon smtp to the mautic

Hi Team,

I am working with my client account.

When I am connecting the amazon smtp to the mautic it showing following error:

Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-west-2.amazonaws.com [Connection timed out #110] Log data: ++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport !! Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-west-2.amazonaws.com [Connection timed out #110] (code: 0)

++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport !! Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-west-2.amazonaws.com [Connection timed out #110] (code: 0)

Can you please let me know how to solve this issue and connect properly to the amazon ses.

Please help asap.

Hi Team,

I am working with my client account.

When I am connecting the amazon smtp to the mautic it showing following error:

Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-west-2.amazonaws.com [Connection timed out #110] Log data: ++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport !! Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-west-2.amazonaws.com [Connection timed out #110] (code: 0)
++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport !! Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-west-2.amazonaws.com [Connection timed out #110] (code: 0)

Can you please let me know how to solve this issue and connect properly to the amazon ses.

Please help asap.

Firstly, make sure that email-smtp.us-west-2.amazonaws.com is the correct region where Amazon SES has been setup.

Secondly, make sure that you have created the SMTP credentials using Amazon’s instructions and are entering the correct username & password.

Finally, what helped me was submitting a support request to my host provider to open port 2587. If you select “Amazon SES” in the configuration settings, Mautic uses port 2587 to connect.
If you use “Other SMTP” to connect with Amazon (which I would advise against doing because you won’t be able to make Amazon SNS work for Bounce & Complaints management), then make sure that whatever SMTP port you are entering is not blocked by firewall.

Good luck :slight_smile:

2587 port is not working. I have double checked the smtp login details. Is there anything configure with the hosting. Because we have used the bluehost email.

For that email it supposed to need to open any port in hosting.

have you test the emails and all

Yes, you need to email or call Bluehost support and request that they open port 2587 - you can’t do it on your own in cPanel. They should be able to do it, but it depends on their support turnaround time - could take up to 72 hours.

@sathish - I went through the exact same process as you did with Bluehost. @Sergiyb is correct. You have to call Blue Host and tell them to open Port 2587.

Honestly, I had too many issues with Bluehost and ended up switching to A2 hosting.

Thank you all. Yes , I spoke to Bluehost and they suggested to open port 2587, for which I have to get a dedicated ip address…
I tried with port 25 and that did not work, though port 25 is open. Not sure why? Thanks once again for your suggestions. I really appreciate it.

Any suggestions on the host best suited for Mautic?

@sathish

As mentioned above, I personally use A2 Hosting .

Here’s why:

-the support team is excellent and knowledgeable
-I can install Mautic using the Softaculous app installer which is available in Cpanel (super easy way to install Mautic and doesn’t require you to download any files). I wouldn’t install it any other way.
-Turbo shared hosting (which what I am currently using) is super fast
I’ve used Bluehost, Host Gator and GoDaddy in the past and they all suck. Check these guys out!

thanks for your help @sourdoughbread

i am using its also a good one

Thank you all. and one more question,

We have decided to go with “Mautic Powered by Bitnami”.
Bitnami Mautic is a pre-configured, ready to run image for running Mautic on Amazon EC2.

So for that we need to buy the instances from amazon.

Can you please let me know the suggestions Will t2.large or t2.xlarge be enough for 15000 subscribers?