Amazon Configuration Problem

Hi,

I have been trying to configure AMAZON SES for Mautic, but i am getting the below given error for quiet sometime. I am not able to figure out what is the problem. Can anyone help me with this:

Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com [Connection timed out #110] Log data: ++ Starting MauticCoreBundleSwiftmailerTransportAmazonTransport !! Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com [Connection timed out #110]

++ Starting MauticCoreBundleSwiftmailerTransportAmazonTransport !! Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com [Connection timed out #110]

Warm Regards,

Venkatesha

Hi,

I have been trying to configure AMAZON SES for Mautic, but i am getting the below given error for quiet sometime. I am not able to figure out what is the problem. Can anyone help me with this:

Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com [Connection timed out #110] Log data: ++ Starting MauticCoreBundleSwiftmailerTransportAmazonTransport !! Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com [Connection timed out #110]
++ Starting MauticCoreBundleSwiftmailerTransportAmazonTransport !! Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com [Connection timed out #110]

Warm Regards,

Venkatesha

I hate to be obnoxious and ask the obvious question…but have you verified you are entering the correct credentials? Just a good step one to check. However, the connection time out usually means that the request is not getting routed correctly to the proper final destination. Do you have error logging enabled on your server and can you check to see where the problem is actually occurring? You can also try (from SSH) to telnet to the final destination and seeing where your ping gets stuck. It sounds more like a server issue than a Mautic issue based on the above description but we can try to help sort it out!

Thanks,
David

I’m also having the same issue. I checked my error logs on my server and nothing seems to be going on there. Did you fix your issue? If so, what ended up being the problem and solution?

I just fixed my issue. My server was unable to connect to Amazon’s North Virgina server but was able to connect to the Oregon server. I had to edit /app/bundles/EmailBundle/Swiftmailer/Transport/AmazonTransport.php and change the server address. From there everything is able to connect.

Thanks for taking the time to follow up and share what solved it for you! That hopefully will help others as well.

David