Amazon SES Issue

Hey Guys

I am installing Mautic for the first time and getting everything configured.

I currently have SENDY configured to use AMAZON SES and it is working great. I say this to indicate that my SES is operating great.

I have established SMTP Username & Password in Amazon SES, however, neither the TEST CONNECTION or SEND TEST EMAIL will work.

I have attempted to configure using both AMAZON SES and OTHER SMTP SERVER.

Neither will connect.

This is the error that I am receiving.

Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com [Connection refused #111] Log data: ++ Starting MauticEmailBundleSwiftmailerTransportAmazonTransport !! Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com [Connection refused #111]
++ Starting MauticEmailBundleSwiftmailerTransportAmazonTransport !! Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com [Connection refused #111]

Help Please :-(

Thanks in advance.

C
1 Like

Hey Guys

I am installing Mautic for the first time and getting everything configured.

I currently have SENDY configured to use AMAZON SES and it is working great. I say this to indicate that my SES is operating great.

I have established SMTP Username & Password in Amazon SES, however, neither the TEST CONNECTION or SEND TEST EMAIL will work.

I have attempted to configure using both AMAZON SES and OTHER SMTP SERVER.

Neither will connect.

This is the error that I am receiving.

Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com [Connection refused #111] Log data: ++ Starting MauticEmailBundleSwiftmailerTransportAmazonTransport !! Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com [Connection refused #111]
++ Starting MauticEmailBundleSwiftmailerTransportAmazonTransport !! Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com [Connection refused #111]

Help Please :frowning:

Thanks in advance.

C

The error message is from Amazon service, it’s not issue of Mautic. Doublecheck your email settings. Pay attention to encryption and port.

I have the same problem. Could you solve this?

Please, check

https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/443-amazon-ses-connect-error/0
and
https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/559
and
https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/295-cant-send-initial-email-error-integrating-with-sendgrid/0
and
https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/487-configuration-mail-settings/0

and basically all suggestions came out of this google search:
https://www.google.cz/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8&client=ubuntu#q=mautic+Connection+could+not+be+established+with+host

Hi I have a problem with Amazon SES.

My configuration:

Service to send mail through: Other SMTP Server
SMTP host: email-smtp.us-west-2.amazonaws.com
SMTP port: 587 test with 25 and 465
SMTP encryption type: TLS
SMTP authentication mode: Login and Plain
Username for the selected mail service: amazonuser
Password for the selected mail service: passuser

Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-west-2.amazonaws.com [Connection timed out #110] Log data: ++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport !! Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-west-2.amazonaws.com [Connection timed out #110]
++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport !! Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-west-2.amazonaws.com [Connection timed out #110]

I tested credentials with Outlook and works fine.

I checked with other smtp server and Mautic work fine.

I checked with $fp = fsockopen(“tls://email-smtp.us-west-2.amazonaws.com”, 465, $errno, $errstr, 10); and this work
I checked with telnet work fine

telnet email-smtp.us-west-2.amazonaws.com 587
Trying 54.69.81.169…
Connected to email-smtp.us-west-2.amazonaws.com.
Escape character is ‘^]’.
220 email-smtp.amazonaws.com ESMTP SimpleEmailService-1207632523 GvOAPRFktyGUiNwgKO7i

Hello,

I follow the tutorial step by step and can´t connect with Amazon SES.
Tutorial: https://medium.com/@AndreiVoica/how-to-integrate-mautic-with-amazon-ses-7fe066e9131c#.g0oppn7iu

Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-west-2.amazonaws.com [Connection timed out #110] Log data: ++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport !! Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-west-2.amazonaws.com [Connection timed out #110]
++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport !! Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-west-2.amazonaws.com [Connection timed out #110]

My Mautic is host on DigitalOcean - Ubunto - 25, 465 and 587 are open.
Please, somebody help?

I was experiencing the same issue and this was resolved by disabling SMTP Restrictions in my server environment as per the attached image.

I was able to use “Amazon SES” as my option in “Service to send Email through”.

1 Like

Hey Guys, any news about this question?

I ´m having the same problem with Digital Ocean and SES Service.
Someone could help us?

Ed

Guys,

Finally I discovered a solution for Digital Ocean hosting. You need to use another port to open a TLS tunnel between your server and AmazonAWS.
Here you are what I did…

On configuration for Amazon SES on Mautic I put the following data:

Server: email-smtp.us-west-2.amazonaws.com (It worked fine also with other Amazon SMTP endpoint)
Port SMTP: 2587
Protocol: TLS

After that, the connection test worked and sending email test also worked.

I hope you can apply this solution to your Mautic hosted on Digital Ocean.

Ed

Edsantos 70, was with the same problem, use the 2587 port and the connection test and sending e-mail test functioned properly, but when sending a campaign, has failed to send. You know what the problem?

Mxyzptlk Fishstix, took the test and returns the same result as you mentioned. So I contacted the Digital Ocean and requested the opening of the port 587. After opening the shipping test and sending test emails, settings worked. The problem now is that I do not receive emails in Gmail and clicks and openings are not being accounted for.

I have the same issue with sending via Amazon SES. My host, Bluehost claims it’s not any problem on their side.

I get this error:
Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com [Connection timed out #110] Log data: ++ Starting MauticEmailBundleSwiftmailerTransportAmazonTransport !! Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com [Connection timed out #110] (code: 0)
++ Starting MauticEmailBundleSwiftmailerTransportAmazonTransport !! Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com [Connection timed out #110] (code: 0)

For me this was an issue with the whm firewall (ConfigServer Security & Firewall).

I opened /etc/csf/csf.conf and searched for:

Block outgoing SMTP except for root, exim and mailman (forces scripts/users

to use the exim/sendmail binary instead of sockets access). This replaces the

protection as WHM > Tweak Settings > SMTP Tweaks

This option uses the iptables ipt_owner/xt_owner module and must be loaded

for it to work. It may not be available on some VPS platforms

Note: Run /etc/csf/csftest.pl to check whether this option will function on

this server

SMTP_BLOCK = “1”

Changed that to 0 and then restarted the service and then I could connect.

Error while using SMTP AWS SES

Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com Connection refused 111 Log data Starting Mautic EmailBundle Swiftmailer Transport AmazonTransport Connection could not be established with host email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com Connection refused 111