Amazon SES reject...

Hello,

When you create your account with them, it only allows that you email your own verified email addresses with them and then you have to apply for increase in order to be able to email any email addresses.

I applied for increase and they rejected me telling that they have determined that my use of Amazon SES may adversely impact their services.

Did some of you get the same problem? If yes, how did you appeal and circumvert the problem if any? I find this weird and not fair to presume that I would hurt their services… This is not my intention by the way and this would not be my interest to do so, thus…

Have a great day!

Hello,

When you create your account with them, it only allows that you email your own verified email addresses with them and then you have to apply for increase in order to be able to email any email addresses.

I applied for increase and they rejected me telling that they have determined that my use of Amazon SES may adversely impact their services.

Did some of you get the same problem? If yes, how did you appeal and circumvert the problem if any? I find this weird and not fair to presume that I would hurt their services… This is not my intention by the way and this would not be my interest to do so, thus…

Have a great day!

First time i hear that also you have disable the Sandbox mode?

I got my contacts from web form optin, so I could not even try and make any sending at all with Amazon SES… If I had known this, I would had not cancelled my previous autoresponder account… Now I don’t know what I’m going to do, also my hosting does not even allow to use Mautic for outgoing email… Anyway their sending limit would not be enough.

What is Amazon SES for if it is not for emailing?..

What did you tell them to be approved? As you have to explain this before they put you on the service. Also which word did you choose in their drop down menu where you apply for the service? (Subscription, marketing etc.)

It seems that Amazon only look for particular customer profile and systems to connect to their services… But which ones exactly?

@ninjoan This is what I meant to do, in order to actually get their services, you have to ask for increase, which corresponds to what you say, that is to say to get out of the “sandbox”, but they deny me.

By the way, what is the use of “sandox”, indeed what is the use to only be able to email your own verified email addresses, indeed I dont pay a service to email to myself… An emailing service is to email any email address, otherwise it is useless, at least it is useless to me.

@dreamer sandbox is a test environment that is why you only can send the email to VERIFY emails address.
When you go LIVE you can send to any email without verifying the email address.

@ninjoan I well knew this, I don’t know why you tell me this.

I keep telling since the beginnign that they won’t let me go live, that’s why it is weird and useless to me…

By the way what is the use of sandbox, what is the use of this “test environment”, I don’t know how to use this,
I don’t need this anyway, I just want to email other email addresses, that’s all.

I also don’t know how to use their “test email address”, so I have to email to myself to one of my email addresses
if I want to test my emails to see if it is as it is supposed to be.

But anyway, now I don’t know if I’ll use Mautic, as it needs an outgoing server and I don’t have any, too bad.

@MxyzptlkFishStix I have done all this already; they don’t reverse and they don’t give explicit reason, the latest answer I got
from them is:

“Unfortunately we are not able to provide specific details as to why your application has been denied, but we took this action because your use case is one that could adversely impact our services.”

So I don’t know how you all could get access to Amazon SES, what kind of activity are you doing?

I think Mautic has an online version, and isn’t this version coming with an outgoing mail server? If yes, maybe I should look into this.

@ninjoan
@MxyzptlkFishStix

Thank you guys anyway for your willing to help me :slight_smile:

You know there is like a million other SMTP services. You don’t have to use Amazon SES, there are so many out there that are even priced better.

I have never had a problem getting my sending limit bumped up. Not sure what you originally said when you requested the increase, but there must be a reason for them to deny you.

@Adam

Hello Adam,

I’m not talking about 100 emails per day but thousands, so where do I find one for this but cheaper than SES or about same prices? I supposed that SES was probably the cheapest to email so much emails and especially with a rather good deliverability, this latter one is important.

Yes I know about some other ones, but they are not cheaper, some are even rather expensive, and I don’t know about their deliverability… In this case then I think that I would go back to my previous web autoresponder system… But I would like to be able to profit from the power and flexibility of Mautic though, it looks like a fantastic application.

Is 100k emails per month enough? https://www.sparkpost.com/pricing

[quote=13691:@dreamer]@Adam

Hello Adam,

I’m not talking about 100 emails per day but thousands, so where do I find one for this but cheaper than SES or about same prices? I supposed that SES was probably the cheapest to email so much emails and especially with a rather good deliverability, this latter one is important.

Yes I know about some other ones, but they are not cheaper, some are even rather expensive, and I don’t know about their deliverability… In this case then I think that I would go back to my previous web autoresponder system… But I would like to be able to profit from the power and flexibility of Mautic though, it looks like a fantastic application.[/quote]

@Adam

It would be ok for my current list if I would email only once per day, but I may do twice per day, also my list will keep growing.

But I could start with this and though use it in addition to another system then, as it is free up to 100K, this way I would have different ways to email and one of them would be free and with the use of Mautic. But obviously I’ll have to pay way more than with SES then, especially as time passes.

Thank you to have told me about this one anyway; and yes, it is nice to get one service for free up to 100K emails per month, especially if it works well and delivers well. (And yes I know that the deliverability relies on several different factors, but I don’t know all the details on the conditions.)

But what did you say to them as for use that they accepted you at SES?

Your sending domain has very likely been blacklisted… my guess is that when they looked at the domain or IP’s you are sending from, they popped on a blacklist somewhere.

This is a good place to start in terms of checking… if you are hosting your site on a shared server, someone else may have gotten your IP blacklisted: http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

My domain is not blacklisted. It could only be if it was hacked, but this is not the case for now as far as I know, anyway I just checked and my domain is not blacklisted; by the way if it was blacklisted, I could not even use it, it would simply be blocked and my domain name supplier would have halted the domain and it would not even appear online anymore.

As I said, they just deny because they presume that my activity could adversely impact their services; I understand that they simply just want some particular profiles to use their services, that’s all I can see and understand.

I’ll then look for something else, thanks and have a good day.

Sendgrid is a good alternative… I think Mailgun might still be around as well. Sorry! :-/