An error occurred while checking for updates

Your software
My Mautic version is: 3.3.1
My PHP version is: 7.3.27
My Database type and version is:

Your problem
My problem is: When I try to update via Update Now button to 3.3.2 this error keeps on occuring: “An error occurred while checking for updates. Please try again later.”

These errors are showing in the log:
[2021-03-29 14:42:39] mautic.ERROR: UPDATE CHECK: Could not fetch a release list: 403 (rate limit exceeded)
[2021-03-29 14:52:22] mautic.ERROR: UPDATE CHECK: Could not fetch a release list: 403 (rate limit exceeded)
[2021-03-29 14:52:33] mautic.ERROR: UPDATE CHECK: Could not fetch a release list: 403 (rate limit exceeded)
[2021-03-29 15:07:50] mautic.ERROR: UPDATE CHECK: Could not fetch a release list: 403 (rate limit exceeded)
[2021-03-29 15:33:48] mautic.ERROR: UPDATE CHECK: Could not fetch a release list: 403 (rate limit exceeded)

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: I clear the cache but it doesn’t work. Don’t know what else can I do.

Can anyone show me a way where is the problem? My mautic installation address is https://mautic.leasing.sos.pl/

Will be grateful for any help.

Regards,

Greg

Hey @gregy1 do you have access to terminal via ssh ?

If so I would recommend trying to do the update via command line

Thank you @mikew

I will try but never do this via SSH.

My hosting administrator sais that this problem must be somewhere on the mautic server, not mine. Is that correct or if I would like to dig deeper the problem in on my server side?

If on my server - where you would look for the problem?

Kind regards,

Greg

I’ve managed to enter via SSH and run this command:
php bin/console mautic:update:find
but it shows me there is nothing to update.
I’m on 3.3.1 and as far as I know there is 3.3.2 version available.
Do you know where is the problem with updating?
Hope I am not the only one with this inconvinience.
:slight_smile:

Has your problem been resolved?

I also have an identical problem only when I changed from 3.2.4 to 3.3.4 and i need help.

No. Sorry. I have to deal with it all the time:(

Ok, I did it.
I have now v3.3.4

I clear the cache, I logged out of Mautic, logged in. I click on the Update Now button. Managed to.
I just don’t know if it’s because I logged out, because it shouldn’t change anything.
A strange situation.

As I wrote earlier, I was able to upgrade from 3.2.4 to 3.3.4
So I have 3.3.4 but I have a log error all the time

[11/26/2021 13:17:18] mautic.ERROR: UPDATE CHECK: Could not fetch a release list: 403 (rate limit exceeded)

:frowning: