Anyone know why outlook.com email are automatically unsubscribing members

Our members with outlook.com email addresses automatically get unsubscribed by Outlook.com each time they received an email from Mautic.

We are not talking about Outlook client … but the outlook.com email addresses itself.

Are you using a preference centre? Could it be that the mail scanner checks all links and hits an unsubscribe link which directly unsubscribes them? A preference centre might stop that as you have to interact with it to be removed. Worth a look, at least!

We’re not using preference center.

And it’s possible that your theory could be spot on. Thank you!

I am waiting on @joeyk to release his next video before building our preference center :slight_smile:

It’s not the unsubscribe link.

I completely edit out the unsubscribe link from template and I did another sent test.

The Outlook.com unsubscribe the contact again and there were no unsubscribe link anywhere in the email source.

I checked all Outlook.com setting to make sure I didn’t have anything that would automatically unsubscribe my outlook.com email from listserv or email marketing and I did not find anything in the outlook.com settings.

But …

We do have hundreds of subscribers with an outlook.com email address that are receiving out weekly newsletter without being unsubscribed.

It’s several subscribers including one of my outlook.com email that is being automatically unsubscribed as soon the email lands in the inbox.

That is a huge pressure on me :smiley:
On it…

2 Likes