Asset Download tracking not showing in contact history

My Mautic version is: 2.16.2
My PHP version is: 7.0

My problem is: A site visitor completes a opt in form so they go from an anonymous IP to a name. On the page they are redirected to after form submission there is a button they can DL the asset from. The asset link is the Mautic link. ie the asset is delivered via Mautic. When the asset is DL’d it does not appear in the contact’s history. When I do a report on assets DL’s all the DL’s are tracked but assigned to the IP addresses and not the known contact.

These errors are showing in the log: No errors

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: None - besides testing.

Our Mautic version is 3.2.4 and we also (still) have this problem.

When existing contacts DL an asset it is not shown in the contact’s history, but a new anonymous contact is assigned to IP address and not the known contact.

We also see this behavior in other situations, i.e. a page visit of an existing contact is not shown in the contact’s history, but a new anonymous contact is assigned to IP address and not the known contact.

No errors in log.

did you find a resolution to this issue? we are experiencing the same problem

Hi there,
we see the same problem with Mautic Version v4.4.0

In an e-mail campaign we usually see the asset download for every picture of the sent e-mail in the contact history.

However, some recipients of the same e-mails show in their contact history instead of the picture download an access from ip xxxx.

At the same time an anonymous contact is created by access from ip xxxx to which the download of the picture in the above meant e-mail is assigned.

So fare we do not understand why this happens and we haven’t been able to reproduce this behaviour within our test settings (Outlook 365/ multiple webmailer services/ etc).

Is anybody familiar with this issue/solution?

thx,
Sebastian