Asset is not downloading from Gmail

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.49
My PHP version is: 7.433
My Database type and version is: 8.0.28 and MYSQL

Your problem
My problem is:
We have created a segmented email containing a link that directs recipients to a webpage housing a Mautic form. Within this Mautic form, we’ve incorporated an action where upon completion of the form and clicking the download button, a PDF(asset) should initiate its download. Unfortunately, this functionality is not operating as intended on desktops; however, it is functioning correctly on mobile devices.

We’re encountering an issue where the PDF isn’t downloading to the desktop upon clicking the download button. Although the process is successful on mobile, desktop users are experiencing difficulties with this action.

Would you like assistance in troubleshooting and resolving this discrepancy to ensure the PDF download works seamlessly across all platforms, including desktop devices?

Hello,

Then you need to give more information about the browser you have the issue with. Did you try several browser ?
Do you see error in console ?

It might be possible for example that if you use Mozilla with a high security level that downloads are blocked. Also sometimes it is blocked and add a little icon in the URL bar where you have to allow the download.
This doesn’t exist on mobile and would explain why you don’t have the issue on mobile.

Hello

Thanks for the response; we have checked in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera browsers.
Except for Google Chrome, in the rest of the browsers, it is working.
We also don’t know why this issue is not happening on mobile.

It also could be caused by an invalid HTML. You can place the email HTML content to some validator to point out the issues.