AWS and SES

…I imagine you’re talking about Amazon Web Service and I dont know what SES is.

I used to be a web developer, but the last time I’ve dealt with servers and writing code was 10 years ago, so I’m very rusty at all of this.

I own www.lead2crm.com and I provide consulting and development for my clients that use Eloqua, Marketo, HubSpot and Salesforce.com. I would like to use mautic.com for my own use on my customers and partners and then maybe expand into an agency model for SMB; hence, the desire to host this myself on my own domain. How can AWS and SES (whats that?) help.

Can you help?

–Nick McGirr

…I imagine you’re talking about Amazon Web Service and I dont know what SES is.

I used to be a web developer, but the last time I’ve dealt with servers and writing code was 10 years ago, so I’m very rusty at all of this.

I own www.lead2crm.com and I provide consulting and development for my clients that use Eloqua, Marketo, HubSpot and Salesforce.com. I would like to use mautic.com for my own use on my customers and partners and then maybe expand into an agency model for SMB; hence, the desire to host this myself on my own domain. How can AWS and SES (whats that?) help.

Can you help?

–Nick McGirr

Makes total sense. I’m the lead engineer for The Elf on the Shelf (elfontheshelf.com) and I was presented with a challenge in that we have a ton of e-mails to send out, but very infrequently (all during Christmas) and we just needed something inexpensive, straightforward, but robust enough to track the analytics that matter (Open Rate/Click Through Rate etc).

Thus, I selected Mautic… and have not been disappointed so far.

You are correct that AWS is Amazon Web Services, and SES is a tool within AWS that allows you to send out e-mails… they maintain and white list the servers etc, and just charge you based on volume.

I’m not going to lie… if you go down this route, you will find it a little bit tricky… you’ll have to roll your sleeves up and mess with Linux/Ubuntu and deal with Apache, etc. But it’s a very rewarding effort, since at the end of it you can run a free (or almost free) web server, that allows you to send out an unimaginably large quantity of e-mails and track them etc… then you can just click, clone, and set it back up for a client in no time at all.

Now that I have 1 working AWS server with Mautic on it, it takes me about 10 minutes to build a completely fresh one!

If you’re really interested in trying it out, I can walk you through the first few steps.

If you want to, you can hit me up on Skype at caleb.hurd1

When will you be available? Im not free for another 30 minutes, 9:00pm EST
ceo@lead2crm.com

Sorry, I only just now got your message

I’ll be online on and off for the next several hours.

Cool deal, thanks man! I updated my PHP to the highest level my server will allow (5.6); which may have been the problem from the start. I’ll let you know how it turns out. Im currently reinstalling my entire mautic folder now to ensure no corrupt files.

Sweet - let me know how it all turns out :slight_smile:

Now that I updated my PHP to 5.6, it turns out it’s still a few revisions to old. Mautic needs PHP 5.6.19. I contacted my web host and they are going to push PHP 7, but not for another month or two. I can wait until then. I’d still like to catch up and talk with you about AWS and SES and Mautic in general.

We use AWS SES however we have to use it in the SMTP mode. I can’t seem to get the API to work. Any suggestions?

Hi, have you tried this?
https://autoize.com/amazon-ses-api-support-in-mautic/
Regards:
Joey