AWS EC2 Complete Setup with SSL and Cron Jobs

Just wondering if there is a complete setup guide to install Mautic on AWS EC2? I know enough to get me in trouble, but not enough to do a complete install.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Hi, there are multiple tutorials. But it also depends on your use case.
The easiest is to dedicate the instance to only Mautic on port 80 and then slowly add subdomains, if needed.
In that case you would just install LAMP on the instance, create the database and unzip Mautic package in /var/www/html I think. Then the installation wizard should take you through the steps. Also the port would need to be opened.
Do you have a domain in mind for the Mautic instance? Are you looking to use SSL from LetsEncrypt or Cloudflare?

Thank you for your response. My apologies I thought I had responded to this earlier. I was able to get mautic installed via this install guide.

AWS EC2
Mautic 4.02
Ubuntu 20.04
Php 7.43
SQL 5.2 (I believe) Says Distrib 10.3.31-MariaDB
I then went on to install the cron jobs via the process at the end of the guide. I am getting a server error in regards to my cron jobs.

My cron jobs according to the install look like this:

Cron jobs for Mautic 2

#* * * * * php /var/www/html/app/console mautic:segments:update
#* * * * * php /var/www/html/app/console mautic:campaigns:update
#* * * * * php /var/www/html/app/console mautic:campaigns:trigger

Cron jobs for Mautic 3

• php /var/www/html/bin/console mautic:segments:update
          • php /var/www/html/bin/console mautic:campaigns:update
          • php /var/www/html/bin/console mautic:campaigns:trigger

I get the following error, it looks the same for all three cron jobs.

mautic:segments:update (uncaught exception) at /var/www/html/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php line 676 while running console command UNKNOWN

Can anyone help? So close now lol.

1 Like