Campaign Problems, Cron Jobs

Your software Mautic 3.02
My PHP version is : 7.03
My MySQL/MariaDB version is (delete as applicable): MySQL/MariaDB version
MariaDB 10.3

Updating/Installing Errors Not
I am (delete as applicable): Installing / Updating Int new installation first time
Upgrading/installing via (delete as applicable) : Web / Command Line

These errors are showing in the installer :
Not, is new installation first time
These errors are showing in the Mautic log :

These errors are showing in the upgrade_log.txt file (located in the root of your Mautic instance when an upgrade has been attempted - ensure you remove or redact any sensitive data such as domain names in the file path) :

Your problem
My problem is :
Mautic is installed in Cloudways, on Digital Ocean server, I have followed some installation guides and I was able to install Mautic without errors, only with recommendations to raise the memory, which I already did, and an error to say that the file was too large and that fix it by updating MariaDB 10.3

Configure with cron jobs, according to the Mautc Cache path, the path is in the configuration panel, choose the times, according to the documentation. But how can I know if it is properly configured?

I am using Amazon SES, and I can send direct emails, but at the time of making the campaigns, it does not send emails, I have already made campaign emails and campaign forms and it does not send the emails.

In the background imports it does not do them either, I have to do them directly from the browser

It does not send automatic emails when a subscriber is added to a segment that has mail to send.

Can someone help me with this, thanks.

Steps I have tried to fix the problem :

1 Like

Hi,
Do you have access to ssh ?
Thx,
J

Hi yes by ssh AND FileZilla

Okay, plz run your cron in the ssh as a command and see what happens.

Hello Thanks for the recommendation, but I don’t know how to do this, I am a beginner and here in Perú Mautic is not used, or few use it and I cannot find someone who can give me the service to configure, can you?

Wow! JoeyK really just left you hanging like that? And the Mautic team still hasn’t stepped in to help you? I see far too many threads where they are just left unanswered. Even though this software is ‘FREE’ or ‘open source’, it’s not an excuse for the developers to leave people hanging. There no point in creating a software if you can’t even show people proper installation or how to maintain the software. Videos on how to properly install on places such as Digital Ocean or any other VPS services should have already been created and updated.

Yes, mea culpa.
Actually not.

Like he said:

Hello Thanks for the recommendation, but I don’t know how to do this

Well, if someone tells me can’t use ssh, than I can’t help him to debug a command line issue.
I could show him to this, that would bring things forward.

But do we want a Mautic forum to turn into 'how to use basic linux commands?
Not understanding SSH, is like you are trying to make a Ceasar Salad, but you don’t know how to crack an egg.

By this time the poster hopefully exhausted the obvious options to debug himself:

• checked the Mautic docs
  • many forum posters have their own how-to do your cronjobs (Yosu for example, or myself) on their website or here in the forums.

I am a beginner and here in Perú Mautic is not used, or few use it and I cannot find someone who can give me the service to configure, can you?

I cannot recommend anyone in Perú. I can recommend my own Mautic hosting, but how would that look? You can’t see me ever doing that. I find it unethical to say:

Hmm Sorry, I can’t debug you, but for XX/month I’ll be happy to host you.

You are also writing:

I see far too many threads where they are just left unanswered.

There are 3 types of threads unanswered:

1. someone comes to the forum, spends 10 minutes reading, then simple asks a question, that was answered 100 times before.
  2. someone comes to the forum and asks a question related to non-mautic issue.
  3. someone comes to the forum, and thinks that Mautic is a free newsletter tool, and hopes to save money. Can’t get things working, and without checking the forum, just interviews the other members of the forum about every single command to bend the limitations and make his/her cheap hosting work.

I don’t answer those.

1. It’s boring to answer the same question over and over again, when I see, that you spent 30 min reading the forum.
  2. There are better places to find answers for non-mautic related content. You also can’t find here dating advice.
  3. Get a good hosting, learn basic linux, and search the forum / knowledgebase.

I like to spend my time on interesting topics like:

• how to troubleshoot campaign steps
  • how to refresh cron every 30 sec (testing on a solution right now)
  • how to use mautic better with ecommerce
  • how to process email replies
  • how to use lead scoring better
  • how to use mautic to create personas
    etc.

Even though this software is ‘FREE’ or ‘open source’, it’s not an excuse for the developers to leave people hanging.

The developers will not and should not spend time with telling people how to run an ssh command.
If you have a bug, go to Github, open an issue, document it properly, and it will be managed perfectly by the developers.

There no point in creating a software if you can’t even show people proper installation or how to maintain the software.

Oh there are many install videos, and you can find videos about almost every topic.
You can check the Official Mautic Minutes, they are great, and professional:
https://www.mautic.org/tag/mautic-minute

I really try not to link my blog here (since I’m answering here for the greater good and not to promote my page), but here you go - this page is not ready yet, I just want to show you how much info you can get in Youtube.
https://joeykeller.com/learn-mautic-with-community-videos/

Videos on how to properly install on places such as Digital Ocean or any other VPS services should have already been created and updated.

They are.
Google this: “mautic install digital ocean”
A detailed step by step video will be shown. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello folks,

Before I reply to the threads above, please would you all take a few minutes to re-acquaint yourselves with our Code of Conduct, specifically the parts about expected and unacceptable behaviour.

Things seem to have got a little bit emotive in this thread, and I do understand the frustration of not getting answers in forum threads and also to @joeyk 's point of volunteers giving up their time to respond to support requests getting frustrated by folk asking things that have already been answered or needing help with basic tasks like how to use the command line.

Getting started with any software is hard, especially if you’re not especially familiar with setting it up and configuring it. We all started at the beginning of that journey at some point in our lives, and sometimes it’s easy to forget what it’s like when someone told you to run something at SSH and you didn’t even know what that meant, let alone how or where to type the commands.

All of that being said, this is not a reason to make personal attacks against individuals or to be unkind in your response. Sometimes we all need to take a step back from the keyboard and breathe :slight_smile:.

In response to the comment above, @aaronesteban as an Open Source project, we are dependant on the support of volunteers who give up their time to respond on the forums, write documentation, fix bugs and bring new features to Mautic.

If you feel that the ‘Mautic team should be doing more’, perhaps take a step back and ask yourself how you could contribute to that in ways other than calling out people for not getting back to a reply on a forum thread where you weren’t the original poster?

If you are frustrated that there are resources missing, perhaps you could help us with creating them, or at least flag it up with the Education Team that they are missing, either on the docs or the knowledgebase (which we just recently launched) or on our YouTube channel?

If you feel that forum posts are going unanswered, maybe you could help by pointing people to resources which could help them if you know of those resources?

Ultimately, we are all part of that team that you mentioned.

A very small number of us are paid to support the community by our employers either directly (in my case) or by being given time in our working day to volunteer, but the vast majority are contributing in their own time.

It absolutely is frustrating if someone doesn’t follow through with replies on a forum thread, and we absolutely could do better with supporting people to install and get started with Mautic.

We’re already working on the latter issue, the Education Team has a big list of articles and resources they are working through.

As @joeyk mentions above, there are also a lot of resources out there to help, and if you get stuck and need to get a professional to help, there are also plenty of freelancers on sites where you can get things set up or fixed for a pretty low cost, and we have #commercial as a place to find folk to help with commercial projects.

Ultimately, we are doing the best that we can with extremely limited resources.

We have made huge progress over the last year, but we still have a long way to go.

Even the team of developers who work on issuing releases is extremely small - yet we are still managing to make a monthly release and bring new fixes and features to the community thanks to the hours and hours that they are dedicating to help us move forward, most of which goes unseen (and would not be possible if they were spending all that time responding to questions in the forums).

If you want to see this situation change in the future, I would implore you to be a part of the solution.

See if you can’t spend an hour a week helping folk out in the forum.

If you prefer to turn your hand to writing guides and tutorials, then pick up one of the knowledgebase articles we want to have written and chip away at that over time (check out the contribution guide here, complete with video tutorial).

If you prefer to support in other ways - testing bug fixes and features, running local meetups, perhaps even helping us to run the upcoming MautiCon - there are many opportunities to do so. Every small task that folks pick up help the community move forward. Every hour that people contribute makes a difference to someone.

Just drop into Slack (get an invite at https://mautic.org/slack if you’re not already there) and join the community channel or the individual teams (all the team channels are prefixed with t-) and say hello.

Some folk are not able to contribute, and that is OK too. Whether we can or can’t contribute, let’s all respect the time and energy of those who do their best to support Mautic in whatever way they can to help others, rather than tearing them down for not living up to our preconceived expectations.

2 Likes