B2B Setup Question

Have a process/set up question.

If an IP for a company is known, can Mautic auto assign the company to the anonymous contact. That way you could at least start targeting contact from high priority accounts as soon as they hit your website.

What’s the best way to set up this process for B2B with a parent account and multiple locations underneath?

Have a process/set up question.

If an IP for a company is known, can Mautic auto assign the company to the anonymous contact. That way you could at least start targeting contact from high priority accounts as soon as they hit your website.

What’s the best way to set up this process for B2B with a parent account and multiple locations underneath?

You can manually assign contact to certain IP via Mautic panel. So all historical data and future data will be assigned to newly created contact.

Thanks for the feedback. Can you describe the process in a little more detail. Where do I find the Mautic panel?

You can see IP’s that aren’t correlated with email at Contacts and then click on icon on the right side

After that you will be able to see all IP’s that aren’t associated with Mautic contact. If you are able to recognise any of them you will be able to add email and extra data and the you will be able to track those users. You can do it using Contact Merge option

Don’t think this is what I was referring to.

Let’s say in your example up above. You have 7 unique contacts from IP 123.123.123.123. You know that that IP address is for the ABC Company. Now I click on one of those contacts and identify the company as ABC Company. All the other 6 (and future contacts with the same IP) should get assigned to the ABC Company.

From what I can see, that process doesn’t happen within Mautic currently correct?

As far as I know (and if it isn’t any bug that cause that) you should be able to track multiple contacts from one company ABC even if they use the same IP. It is possible when those users leave email on your website so Mautic will be able to create cookie for those particular user.

But Mautic is focused on tracking persons (email + IP + cookie) not whole companies. But if those contact have company it should be possible to track them the way you want

Does it make sense to you?

Thanks. That’s what I thought.