Best Practices: 3rd party reporting / business intelligence tool

Hi guys

The reporting functionalities in Mautic at the moment are a bit basic. I know they’ll be worked this or next year, but I was wondering if any of you have some best practices for integrating Reporting / Business Intelligence tools (preferably opensource), for example PowerBI or Grafana?

A specific case that the tool should be able to handle:
We have a form that asks unsubscribers for their reason to unsubscribe. I would like to display that information in a pie chart on a dashboard, possibly along with a bar chart of the open / click-rates of the last 12 Segment E-Mails (Newsletters).

Thanks very much for your inputs.

1 Like

Hi,

I mean you can easily create a widget via custom plugin that shows any kind of data you like. And all the necessary libraries to display the graph on the dashboard are already provided by Mautic.

That being said its more of a question how you get data from form to Mautic (if its non Mautic form) and how data is stored in database. What you are asking can certainly be done.

Not sure about one aspect though… where external reporting tool comes to play? If you already have data in Mautic why would you need to integrate it with external tools?

In general Mautic has something called Integration framework which tries to simplify integration with external tools

2 Likes

Many people create dashboards in Google Data Studio or Metabase. You get the best results if you can create sql queries and get really what you want.

3 Likes

we are heavy Metabase users, very powerful tool and quite self intuitive.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions! I’ve looked at Metabase and it really does look quite powerful and seems like the right solution for my problem.

1 Like

Hi there! There are a few different options for integrating reporting and business intelligence tools with Mautic. One option is to use the Mautic API to pull data into a tool like PowerBI or Grafana. Another option is to use one of the many Mautic plugins that add reporting functionality, such as the Mautic Reporting Plugin or the Mautic Advanced Segment Plugin. You can find more info about Power BI integration here at https://community.servicenow.com/community?id=community_article&sys_id=cfbca6631bb38154fc3233bc1d4bcbec. If you’re looking for specific advice on how to best display data from a form that asks unsubscribers for their reason to unsubscribe, I would recommend using a tool like Grafana. Grafana has a wide range of visualization options that should be able to meet your needs.

Why are you posting affiliate links? They are bad karma.

I think that we really nailed it with this one.

Tell me in one sentence why this post is not spam.