Best Setup For Multiple Niches

Hi,

I run multiple 3 websites/email lists in 3 different niches.

My questions are. . .

1. Is it best to have 3 separate Mautic installations, or should I do all lists from 1 installation (it’s just me running this all – no additional users)?
  2. If the answer is 1 installation, does it matter where I install Mautic? Can I pick any of the domains? Is there any advantage to choosing a 4th, more generic sounding domain?

Thanks, :-)

Keith

Hi,
I run multiple 3 websites/email lists in 3 different niches.
My questions are. . .

1. Is it best to have 3 separate Mautic installations, or should I do all lists from 1 installation (it’s just me running this all – no additional users)?
  2. If the answer is 1 installation, does it matter where I install Mautic? Can I pick any of the domains? Is there any advantage to choosing a 4th, more generic sounding domain?
    Thanks, :slight_smile:
    Keith

Would be sweet if we could send from 1 installation but list different sending domains

@MxyzptlkFishStix, how can it be done?

Will be better way to option to set other mail server to send to avoid “behalf of” sending or setting permission for other domain.

I have ALL my emails sent via Amazon SES.

I have “3” users in my system - but they are all me., just different sending domains.

You need to authorise each different sending address via Amazon SES, so that when mautic sends it, it goes through correctly. In Mautic when you send an email as long as you have already approved the sending email address in Amazon SES then you can send via the different email domain address.

In Mautic you have options for email sending in the user creation and main configuration areas.

So Setup different Users with the relevant sending rights.

When you want to do any marketing log in as the user or persona that you want to use.

As long as each person is setup correctly you can have as many unique email/domain address that you want.

When you then log in as the persona and send emails, just ensure you set it up to send as the persona.

Another way, if you are logged in as the administrator, AS LONG as you have pre approved the sending email address then simply enter this in the From field in the email builder. Use the categories to try and separate out your emails for each of the different 'persona’s so you don’t get them mixed up if you log in as the admin.

I hope that makes sense.

It’s a bit awkward as you actually need to log in as the individual persona that you want to send the email from. But if you do it correctly then there are very few limitations and you will still be able to see all lists - depending on how you set the users privileges up.

In regards to domain. I set mine up under a subdomain and that is the only thing in that subdomain. i.e dm.domainname.com and use one install. As I said, I run emails for multiple customers this way.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

@raymondkent

[quote]In Mautic you have options for email sending in the user creation and main configuration areas.

So Setup different Users with the relevant sending rights.

When you want to do any marketing log in as the user or persona that you want to use.

As long as each person is setup correctly you can have as many unique email/domain address that you want.

When you then log in as the persona and send emails, just ensure you set it up to send as the persona.[/quote]

That would be awesome. But how do you do this? Because I can set the email settings only in the administrator settings.
That means it is global or? But it would be awesome if I could have a different email for every seperate user/domain.

I need help here too. How can different users with different domains send through different SMTP servers.

I am looking for solution too.

I can set the email settings only in the administrator settings.

Setting owner for every contact doesnt seem right to me.

As I see there are advanced settings on every email, but I dont want to edit it every time I send email.