Blank MJML Theme

Someone did upload a blank MJML theme but that file no longer exist.

I create a blank MJML theme which I used on my Mautic and several asked me about it.

Here the link to it. Just install it like any other normal Mautic theme via the Mautic theme configuration menu.

https://stlaware.com/blank-mjml.zip

Basically, it only contain this code in it since it a blank MJML and I use it to either built a new theme from it or to copy and paste the MJML code from my Desktop app to the GrapesJS code box in blank MJML theme.

<mjml>
  <mj-head>
    <mj-attributes>
    </mj-attributes>
  </mj-head>
  <mj-body>
  </mj-body>  
</mjml>
3 Likes

To answer some of the PM questions, I use two different Desktop app. One is not really a Desktop app but can be install and run from the Desktop.

Just download and install
mjml desktop app - MJML App - The desktop app for MJML

For this one, you need to have Node Node.js installed to use it on your Desktop but you will need to code in a way to save your designs on Desktop or use it to copy and paste mjml from code box into Mautic mjml code box.
GrapesJS MJML - GitHub - artf/grapesjs-mjml: Newsletter Builder with MJML components in GrapesJS

Thank you. This should be included in the default installation. I didn’t understand that Mautic came with two different ways of creating emails before, (HTML/MJML) and this caused all kinds of confusion.

Hi, The email builder is a work in progress. Since many people use the old one, you can’t just pull it and force people to move to the new one.
Joey

I understand, I’m not aware of the history here with Mautic. I recently started using it and I’m more than satisfied. It was just these small inconveniences here and there where it’s easy to fall into the trap of being a new user.

I was first thinking of contributing a blank MJML template but then found this, maybe I should read the docs more clearly.

Though, I’d imagine it would be possible to include “Blank (HTML)” and “Blank(MJML)” in the templates from a fresh install.

Sure, you are right: it should work without a history lesson :slight_smile:
It is work in progress.