Bounce Management (Monitored Email Setting) by using own SMTP account having issue

Your software
My PHP version is : 7.4.33
My MySQL/MariaDB version is (delete as applicable): pdo_mysql 5.7.40-43

Your problem
My problem is :
I’m trying to use my own SMTP to set up monitored inbox settings, tested connection and fetch folder return ‘success’, however the bounced doesn’t update the Contacts that has been bounced to ‘Bounce’ status.

Steps I have tried to fix the problem :

1. Tested email sent: working
  2. Test connection and fetch folder: working
  3. Added cronjob using crontab -e
  4. Manually run php /bin/console mautic:email:fetch: return 1 email processed for {my_mailbox} INBOX with a criteria of UNSEEN : means it able to track the mailbox?
  5. Let the cronjob run: noticed after run mautic:email:fetch, unseen bounce back email (delivery error) in my_mailbox has been changed to read status

However, the bounced contact still doesn’t change into bounce status itself

Can anyone help on this? Thank you in advance!

Hi, just to make sure I understand - are you talking about the bounces folder?

Yes, is bounces folder :grin:

Update on the above issue: I’m notice that my issue is quite similar with this Bounce Monitored Mailbox Not Updating Leads · Issue #8124 · mautic/mautic · GitHub, just that the email that I sent out only less than 10 (due to currently in testing phrase).

An update on the issue, after few thousands email sent, found that some of the email which has been sent using campaign email returning bounce to contacts. However these happens randomly, which not all bounces are able to update the tag as bounce in Mautic. Not sure if anyone know how does Mautic define emails as bounces? Thanks in advance.