Bounced emails not reflected in report

Your software
My Mautic version is:
My PHP version is: 7.4.30
My Database type and version is: mysql 8.0.29

Your problem
My problem is:

I have configured Bounce management as specified in this document. Specifically using amazon webhooks. I can see that the configuration has worked because bounced emails adds a “bounced” tag to the contact and before that it would set it as do not disturb.

However in Reports, using the email and email sent data sources, the bounce is not reflected. Emails that I know have bounced are noted as being sent without issue.

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:

I have delved through the database looking for how report sets the Bounced column but with no luck. I can see in the report some of the emails have bounced but that was before bounce management was configured.

So I guess what I’m after is:

How does Mautic mark some emails as bounced?
Why does Mautic mark the contact as bounced but does not mark the email as bounced?

Having the same issue. My bounces are showing up in bounces@mydomain.com but not being market in any way in Mautic. I have manually unsubscribed the bounced ones, but would like to to be automatic and generate a report of some sort.

What email gateway are you using?

SmarterMail on a VPS

Hi,

First test for example with Sendmail (SMTP) and when you verify that Mautic manages the “bounces” information then check if your email platform allows this management or if you have configured it correctly in Mautic > Email settings.

Regards!