Bounce types

Hi guys,

I have been testing with bounces in Mautic. For test purposes I created two different types of fake email addresses:

1. Emails with an excisiting domain but a non exciting email like: thispartisfake@element-x.nl
  2. Emails with an entirely fake address: thisisfake@thisisfaketoo.com

When I send out an email to this test group, the bounces are NOT registered in the email report, but for the one with an existing domain, we get them back as a bounce with a 550 code on the contact info and the contact put on “do not contact”.

The ones with an entirely fake address is not registered like a bounce and it seems the email is send properly. We do get them back in our mail box with a 554 bounce code.

Any of you guys have the same issue? And any tips how to get these bounces correctly in Mautic? For us this is an important issue as repeated bounces will hurt our email reputation and more emails will disappear in spam boxes.

Eager to hear from you guys.

Hi guys,

I have been testing with bounces in Mautic. For test purposes I created two different types of fake email addresses:

1. Emails with an excisiting domain but a non exciting email like: thispartisfake@element-x.nl
  2. Emails with an entirely fake address: thisisfake@thisisfaketoo.com

When I send out an email to this test group, the bounces are NOT registered in the email report, but for the one with an existing domain, we get them back as a bounce with a 550 code on the contact info and the contact put on “do not contact”.

The ones with an entirely fake address is not registered like a bounce and it seems the email is send properly. We do get them back in our mail box with a 554 bounce code.

Any of you guys have the same issue? And any tips how to get these bounces correctly in Mautic? For us this is an important issue as repeated bounces will hurt our email reputation and more emails will disappear in spam boxes.

Eager to hear from you guys.

I’m having a similar problem with bounces, here are the details https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/7512-bounce-management-not-working-correctly