Bug when editing email code in builder

Your software
My PHP version is : 7.4.3
My MySQL/MariaDB version is (delete as applicable): 10.3.31-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.20.04.1

Updating/Installing Errors
I am (delete as applicable): Updating
Upgrading/installing via (delete as applicable) : Command Line

These errors are showing in the installer :

These errors are showing in the Mautic log : none

Your problem
My problem is :
After upgrading to 4.0.1, and this may have also been happening in 4.0 – not sure – we’re seeing a weird bug where if we edit an email in the builder, the first edits are saved no problem. However, when we go back into the email to edit again, the “edit code” button is not working. If I refresh the browser after saving, I am able to get around this, but seems like there’s something else going on?

Not seeing any errors in the log.

Here’s a screencap:

Steps I have tried to fix the problem :

Hi, the edit code button works only after every second open :slight_smile: I think it will be fixed in 4.0.2.

2 Likes

Upgraded to 4.0.2 yesterday and now noticed that the code edit does only work once per session. Though, leaving the builder, doing something different and then coming back does not work as well.
I tested it several times, to use the code edit in the builder I need to logout and login again. But it will only work once per session.
Is there anything I could do about it?
Thanks.

Stephan

1 Like

Hi,

There is a fix already which needs to be tested:

2 Likes

Yes, it works to reload the page while being in the builder. Then opening the builder again and the edit code button opens the modal as it should.

Thanks for letting me know :wink: