Hi. I have a form to collect only the subscriber’s email, having the actions:
- Modify contact’s tags: adding the “Pending” tag to the contact
- Send email to contact: I am sending the email asking the contact to click the link to confirm the subscription
- Modify contact’s segments: Add contact ot the “Pending Confirmation” segment
Then, I have a (confirmation) campaign, based on the “Pending Confirmation” segment, with the following tasks:
- Decision-Visits a page: When the contact clicks the link, this task should be true
If item 1 is true:
- Contact segments: Check if contact is already in the “Confirmed” segment
If item 2 is true:
- Send email to contact saying that he/she is already subscribed
- Remove contact from “Pending Confirmation” segment
- Remove “Pending” tag from contact
If item 2 is false:
- Send welcome email to contact
- Move subscriber to “Confirmed” segment and remove contact from “Pending Confirmation” segment
- Add tag “Confirmed” to the contact and remove tag “Pending” from subscriber
As you can see, I am doing a double optin process for my contacts. I am using a “Standalone” form because my hosting provider only allow me to run cron jobs with a minimum frequency of 15 minutes, and since I don’t want the contact to wait up to 15 minutes to receive the confirmation email, and 15 minutes more to receive the welcome email, configure the form to send the email right away.
Everything works fine when a new contact subscribes to the list, however if the contact tries to subscribe the same form again, the actions configured in the form works perfectly, but the campaign doesn’t get the action. I thought that for the second time I should wait for the campaign trigger, but that didn’t happen either. I tried many, many, many times. I delete the contact and the first subscription everything works fine. The second subscription, the campaign doesn’t capture the confirmation trigger.
As I said, I could try creating a “Campaign” form, instead of a “Standalone” form, but then I would have to leave the contact wait up to 30 minutes to get the welcome email, something that I can’t have.
Any idea on what is going on? Is that an expected behavior?
Appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!