Resubmitting Campaign Forms

I am new to Mautic and working on setting up our first campaign. I have the tracking gif, form, asset(pdf) and campaign created in Mautic. I created the Landing page using our CMS (proprietary) and used the Javascript code to pull in the form into our page. This is working great.

When a user first completes the form the lead is identified and the campaign logic is triggered (sending an email), the marketing group has asked what happens if the user comes back to the site and submits the form again, they would prefer the email triggers a second time. The logic behind this is allowing the user to get the email a second time (with the PDF link) assuming they deleted the first email.

I tried configuring the form as Kiosk mode but the form submission is still updating the existing lead and not adding to the campaign. My campaign logic is simple for now, form submission -> send email.

Ideas?

Thanks

I am new to Mautic and working on setting up our first campaign. I have the tracking gif, form, asset(pdf) and campaign created in Mautic. I created the Landing page using our CMS (proprietary) and used the Javascript code to pull in the form into our page. This is working great.

When a user first completes the form the lead is identified and the campaign logic is triggered (sending an email), the marketing group has asked what happens if the user comes back to the site and submits the form again, they would prefer the email triggers a second time. The logic behind this is allowing the user to get the email a second time (with the PDF link) assuming they deleted the first email.

I tried configuring the form as Kiosk mode but the form submission is still updating the existing lead and not adding to the campaign. My campaign logic is simple for now, form submission -> send email.

Ideas?

Thanks

As I understand it Mautic won’t send duplicate emails. You may need to create a second email and some additional campaign logic to send a second time. I’m not totally sure how Mautic determines what is a duplicate email, so you may need to try a few different things to get it to work. Maybe moving the lead to a different list will be enough, maybe you have to add a second email.

You could also try just giving them the download link if they have already received the first email, but this doesn’t really verify their email address unless they clicked the download link in the email. Someone could enter a fake email address twice to get the download (but is this really going to happen?).

If you use the email send submit action on the form instead of the campaign, it will send as many emails as there are submissions.

The time we don’t send duplicate emails is when there is an email and a lead on mass-email send (like a list send), and we don’t want the same email to go to the same leads in that case.

Hi, Chad, I understand how we want to avoid mass emails by avoiding duplicate submissions. This is a scenario we are trying to figure out. ( We have 1 Form, this form has multiple choice fields, based on the field they chose, people get a specific email, so if user x fills a campaign form and chooses option a in the form, then the user gets an email with a link to quote a. We are ok with this, we are using conditionals and a campaign, to let mautic know what email to send the user based on user input in that campaign’s form. Now, say the user comes back because she/he wants to get a different quote, from the same " get a quote form" , …the default settings stops mautic from sending the second email with different quote content to same lead. We want this filter to be “off” so when a lead submits the same form with different form values, we want to deliver different quotes in an automated fashion to the same lead (and email). (Obviously more points would be added to that lead per every submission, different quote requests petitioned by the lead are a big indicator of readiness to purchase). Any advice @chad.windnagle ? Did you figure this out @buckhornmktg ? Thank you. (Please add @me to the message so I can respond ASAP)