Campaigns and Emails won't trigger

I have a new installation on a Digital Ocean server administered by Cloudways. I have just about everything setup and working, including forms from Woocommerce that are passing quite a lot of custom information. However, I cannot get campaigns, broadcasts or emails to trigger through the cron jobs. I have all the cron jobs setup and all successfully outputting results to individual log files. I can also run the cron jobs via SSH from the “app” folder and see them successfully run. Problem is, when I setup a simple campaign with just one event to send one email, it never queues or sends. I’m at a complete loss. I’m an experienced web admin and cannot find any error message anywhere that help me diagnose what’s going on here. I’ve watched half a dozen videos that walk me through a simple campaign setup and test. I’ve read all of the documentation (probably twice). I’ve searched and read forum posts and other tutorials through google searches and cannot for the life of me figure out why broadcast sends or email sends don’t occur.

I’ve also setup a simple campaign to trigger a welcome email when a user signs-up on a form. So it should trigger as soon as the contact is created. No luck. Is there something in “configuration” that I should check in terms of when events get processed? I saw the “webhook settings” but I cannot find any documentation anywhere to explain that.

Anyone have any advice on where to look to troubleshoot? I’m about ready to give up and switch to something more user-friendly if something this basic is so difficult to get working.

Thanks

Chris Blair

I have a new installation on a Digital Ocean server administered by Cloudways. I have just about everything setup and working, including forms from Woocommerce that are passing quite a lot of custom information. However, I cannot get campaigns, broadcasts or emails to trigger through the cron jobs. I have all the cron jobs setup and all successfully outputting results to individual log files. I can also run the cron jobs via SSH from the “app” folder and see them successfully run. Problem is, when I setup a simple campaign with just one event to send one email, it never queues or sends. I’m at a complete loss. I’m an experienced web admin and cannot find any error message anywhere that help me diagnose what’s going on here. I’ve watched half a dozen videos that walk me through a simple campaign setup and test. I’ve read all of the documentation (probably twice). I’ve searched and read forum posts and other tutorials through google searches and cannot for the life of me figure out why broadcast sends or email sends don’t occur.

I’ve also setup a simple campaign to trigger a welcome email when a user signs-up on a form. So it should trigger as soon as the contact is created. No luck. Is there something in “configuration” that I should check in terms of when events get processed? I saw the “webhook settings” but I cannot find any documentation anywhere to explain that.

Anyone have any advice on where to look to troubleshoot? I’m about ready to give up and switch to something more user-friendly if something this basic is so difficult to get working.

Thanks
Chris Blair

Ok…I did find one message that might help in the system log. This error occurs over and over.

[2017-11-19 09:56:52] mautic.NOTICE: PHP Notice - Undefined index: name - in file /home/91427-72367.cloudwaysapps.com/kmxpavaqhy/public_html/mautic/app/bundles/LeadBundle/Entity/CustomFieldRepositoryTrait.php - at line 311

I also setup another installation of a prepackaged mautic bundle on AWS through a company called Intuz. Exact same problem. Cron jobs are setup through webmin on this installation and I can run each one and see the output. The only one that doesn’t generate output is " mautic:emails:send. "

Am I using the wrong command? I’ve seen a lot of confusing forum posts that list a ton of different commands although it appears that mautic:emails:send is the most current one.

Thanks
Chris Blair

Finally got this sorted out! I had to add --force to the end of the campaign:trigger cron job to get the campaigns to trigger properly. Permissions kept getting messed up on the Digital Ocean server for some reason (techs couldn’t figure out why). So that was the only solution for the moment. So now all cron jobs are working as expected as is Mautic! So it wasn’t anything wrong with Mautic at all. Loving it now.

Chris Blair