Campaigns still trying to send with AWS after switching from Amazon SES to SendGrid

Your software
My Mautic version is: 3.2.5
My PHP version is: 8.3
My Database type and version is: mysql

Your problem
My problem is: Hello, everything has been working fine until I switched from Amazon SES to Sendgrid. Transactional emails send normally but campaigns are no longer sending.

These errors are showing in the log:

I get this following error when I click on the contact details:

Last execution error: Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message "554 Message rejected: Sending paused for this account. For more information, please check the inbox of the email address associated with your AWS account.

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:
I can’t figure out why it’s still trying to use the old AWS account. I’ve changed the email settings to SendGrid correctly, it successfully connects and test emails work. And like I said above, transactional emails are sending properly. I can see the transactional emails going through on my SendGrid dashboard.

I’ve cleared the cache but that didn’t help.

Hi there, I think this is a major issue. Version 3 is way out of date, many security fixes are not available for that old release. I doubt many people still know how to handle v3 anymore.

But you may check local.php, if there are maybe leftovers from AWS SES?

But really - v3 is your biggest issue right now.

Thanks for the reply. I took your advice and ended up upgrading to 5.1 this morning. Everything went smoothly except SendGrid doesn’t work at all after installing it through composer.

I made a separate post on it if you have any ideas.

Thanks.

I finally got SendGrid configured with Email DSN. Test emails and all form emails are working.

However, campaigns are still not sending.

When I view a contact in the Channels > emails > contacts, it shows this error:

Last execution error:
Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message "554 Message rejected: Sending paused for this account. For more information, please check the inbox of the email address associated with your AWS account. "

I tried creating a new Campaign and New Email with no luck.
I removed anything to do with Amazon local.php with no luck.
I’ve cleared the cache but that didn’t help either.

Solved the problem.

Totally my own fault. The cronjobs were pointing to my backup 3.2.5 Mautic installation. :man_facepalming:

1 Like