My Mautic version is: v3.3.4
My PHP version is: 7.3.27
My Database type and version is: MySql not sure about the version
My problem is: I cannot get AWS SES SMTP campaign email to work. the following tasks has been completed:
Email configured successfully: (smtp with send immediately)
Success: Email direct to user from contact list
Success: Test segment email
Success: Segment email (im still in SES sandbox but for testing purposes verified my test emails to make sure the process works)
Fail: Campaign email
- complete website form: contact successfully added
- update contact points: succesfully update contact points because they filled in the form
- send demo request email: no email sent; no error on system info observed
The following was also checked:
- domain is verified on SES
- email template sent sample
- watched joeyK’s how email works ; read multiple threads and the user manual with no luck yet
Please can someone point me in a direction to troubleshoot?
When you pull up the contact who supposed to get the email - do you see the email sent to him in the events log?
Looks like this:
Also - does the person in the campaign also have the sendbox approved email?
You need to figure out why the email not considered for sending.
- Are the campaign actions stuck before the email step?
- Was the email step added after the contact already went through the campaign?
- Is the email not published?
- Has the person unsubscribed?
- Has the person bounced?
- Has the person left the campaign before the step, is he a member of the campaign still?
Are the campaign actions stuck before the email step?
- events before email all work*
Was the email step added after the contact already went through the campaign?
no, campaign was created, and contact only added post campaign creation - im new with the platform and its my first campaign im creating
Is the email not published?
email is published, as well as start & end date set and within range
Has the person unsubscribed?
no, the email used for testing is my own gmail account - i have not yet got to the process of setting up unsubscribe and tracking url on the email
Has the person bounced?
im not sure, i dont think so as this is not something i have setup yet. looking at the SES dashboard i dont see any bounces, it shows "healthy"
Has the person left the campaign before the step, is he a member of the campaign still?
still a member yes
To add, it does show pending tasks here which im not 100% sure why - as the " RequestForDemoEmail" is where im not seeing the email being sent currently and where its getting stuck
It seems, that none of these actions are executed. Do you have a decision at the beginning?
HI, thanks so much for working with me through this one.
No, i dont have a decision at the beginning, here is is a screenie of the flow: it starts with a form, then sends a mail .
i created a further test campaign, with the same result: simple form, then email:
- created the form
- selected form as first campaign item
- send email to contact (nothing happens)
heres some screenshots of it:
@ilseb look in your-mautic-install/var/spool and see if there are any emails in your spool. If so use the swiftmailer:spool:send command via CLI or a cron
In fact the best would be if you could run each of your cron commands by ssh, and see if some oone them fail. Remove the ending (dev/null)
thanks Joey for the help. i managed to resolve by figuring out my path to console file was in the incorrect folder.
thanks for the feedback EJL. our emails are setup for “send immediately”. the suggested solution did not resolve.