AWS SES error, while sending mail from mautic via aws-ses api

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4
My PHP version is: 8.0.30
My Database type and version is: 10.11.7-MariaDB-cll-lve

I have installed Mautic and everything seems to be in other, but when I am running a campaign, the e-mail is not being sent due to a verification issue on Amazon SES.
[2024-02-28 12:01:04] mautic.ERROR: SES API Error: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region AP-SOUTH-1: unamanuel@fadacademy.com {“hostname”:“in-mum-web1000.main-hosting.eu”,“pid”:2849489}

Your problem
My problem is:
The contact@gmail.com is a person that subscribed into a form and it is the person I am trying to send an email “TO”, it is not the e-mail on the “FROM”. Does not make sense it to be verified as an e-mail or domain in Amazon SES.

My domain and e-mails which are on the “FROM” field are verified on Amazon SES.

I am using Amazon SES API in Mautic

These errors are showing in the log:

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:
1-) If I sign up the form with a verified e-mail the e-mail is sent, since it is verified.

2-) Switch to Amazon SES SMTP and got the erro "Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message “554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified.”

Hi, make sure you are using the right region.

Hi Joeyk,

Thank you for reverting to my query, appreciate it.
I checked the region multiple times and I am using the same region for SES and mautic email configuration as well.

Can you please try to send again and copy the error here (anonimoze your email address if shown in the error)

Hi joeyk,

I tried and got this error
[2024-02-29 12:10:43] mautic.ERROR: SES API Error: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region AP-SOUTH-1: #######@gmail.com {“hostname”:“in-mum-web1000.main-hosting.eu”,“pid”:2627034}

Well, then that is what it is :slight_smile:
You need to verify your sending email adderss.,

Can you send the screenshot like this?

BTW - I don’t think you should send from a gmail.

I am sending emails from same verified mail, and strangely it’s asking To: email as unverified, it doesn’t makes sense, I mean how can I verify someone else’s mail or the very mail id i am sending communication to, how could i verify To emails

I think you mixing up something in your settings.
Sender with Recipient

Yeah, could be. I tried checking this many times, but unable to find so. one of my friend said it’s because of SES sandbox limit

Are you still in Sandbox???
That’s the reason. Apply to be switched into production.

1 Like

Lol. that is the right question/answer :slight_smile:
Always go back to the roots.

Yes , raised the request to provide production access, my application still under review

1 Like

Okay, that answers it.

1 Like

Okay then, let’s wait for my application to be accepted, to see if this resolves the issue, I’ll mark this as solution then

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.