Amazon SES Setup

Hi

I’m trying to use Mautic with Amazon SES. I have added a verified mail address news@xxx.com and setup a custom mail from domain bounce.xxx.com - however I see an error message in the log when trying to send:

"mautic.ERROR: [MAIL ERROR] Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region EU-WEST-1: news.bounce+bounce_57b899cfe5aad@xxx.com… " Log data: >> MAIL FROM:news.bounce+bounce_57b899cfe5aad@xxx.com << 250 Ok >> RCPT TO:mymail@address.com << 250 Ok >> DATA << 354 End data with . >> . << 554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region EU-WEST-1: news.bounce+bounce_57b899cfe5aad@xxx.com… !! Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region EU-WEST-1: news.bounce+bounce_57b899cfe5aad@xxx.com… " (code: 554) [] []

I guess Mautic creates a custom bounce address. How should I set it up - so it uses the bounce.xxx.com address registered with Amazon?

Hi

I’m trying to use Mautic with Amazon SES. I have added a verified mail address news@xxx.com and setup a custom mail from domain bounce.xxx.com - however I see an error message in the log when trying to send:

"mautic.ERROR: [MAIL ERROR] Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region EU-WEST-1: news.bounce+bounce_57b899cfe5aad@xxx.com… " Log data: >> MAIL FROM:news.bounce+bounce_57b899cfe5aad@xxx.com << 250 Ok >> RCPT TO:mymail@address.com << 250 Ok >> DATA << 354 End data with . >> . << 554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region EU-WEST-1: news.bounce+bounce_57b899cfe5aad@xxx.com… !! Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region EU-WEST-1: news.bounce+bounce_57b899cfe5aad@xxx.com… " (code: 554) [] []

I guess Mautic creates a custom bounce address. How should I set it up - so it uses the bounce.xxx.com address registered with Amazon?

Yes - the problem is that it seems that the bounce (Mail From) address is generated automatic by Mautic. The main address is verified by Amazon - news@xxx.com - and when the bouce (Mail From) domain. bounce.xxx.com.

Apparently I’m setting it up wrong somehow - if I somehow could get it to use bounce.xxx.com as the bounce (Mail From) domain - it might work. Any ideas?

FishStix is correct… I don’t have a specific bounce email verified with SES, but rather the entire domain through their domain verification process.

I do vaguely recall having to reach out to their support team because I hit a snag verifying.

It worked :slight_smile: