mautic.ERROR: SES API Error: Email address is not verified. => GIve this message for the email I am trying to sent to

Your software
My PHP version is : PHP 8.0.27 (cli)
My MySQL/MariaDB version is (delete as applicable):Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.6.11-MariaDB, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1
Mautic Version v4.4.7

Updating/Installing Errors
I have installed Mautic and everything seems to be in other, but when I am running a campaign, the e-mail is not being sent due to a verification issue on Amazon SES.

These errors are showing in the Mautic log :
[2023-03-24 20:24:07] mautic.ERROR: SES API Error: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region SA-EAST-1: contact@gmail.com {“hostname”:“ip-000-00-0-000”,“pid”:149287}

Your problem
My problem is :
The contact@gmail.com is a person that subscribed into a form and it is the person I am trying to send an email “TO”, it is not the e-mail on the “FROM”. Does not make sense it to be verified as an e-mail or domain in Amazon SES.

My domain and e-mails which are on the “FROM” field are verified on Amazon SES.

I am using Amazon SES API in Mautic

Steps I have tried to fix the problem :
1-) If I sign up the form with a verified e-mail the e-mail is sent, since it is verified.

2-) Switch to Amazon SES SMTP and got the erro "Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message “554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified.”
→ found another Topic suggesting to move Amazon SES from sandbox to production. The sandbox only allow e-mails to verified address.

Waiting on validation of Amazon SES production environment.

Hi, plz make sure you are checking the right region in Amazon SES:
Very often your email is verified, but in the wrong region.

This as you can check Joeyk.

Because on some of the Amazon SES screens, the correct Option appears, which for me is Ireland, but on other sites Global appears and it doesn’t allow me to change it, I suppose it must be like this.

But could you check somewhere else on Amazon?

After a Zoom call we determined, that the region was not moved out from Sandbox yet.
Solution: Requested production acess.

2 Likes

Joeyk, in just 1 day Amazon’s have enabled me to send 50,000 emails per day (and get me out of SandBox). About this perfect.

But I am sorry to tell you that this was not the problem.

I have been looking at the DNS of my Domain and if I put the IP of my hosting server in the spf it does work, but nevertheless I put the Amazon spf it does not work for me.

Can you tell me why or exactly how I should put it?

If I put this alone (it does work): “v=spf1 a mx ip4:MyIPServer ~all”
If I put this other (it doesn’t work): “v=spf1 include:amazonses.com ~all”

By putting this other (yes it works), (and it’s the one I have at the moment): “v=spf1 include:amazonses.com a mx ip4:MiIPServer ~all”

It is also true that it only works for me from the configuration part.

If I send an email to a specific contact, from Contacts > Send email, it has not reached me. I suppose that it will be something of internal configuration of Mautic or that the Crons are not working correctly. If you can tell me if any of this sounds familiar to you, I would appreciate it.

Thank you for your work.

Crons might be the reason. To test it you can go to Settings - email settings - and make sure your settings is set as immediate sending instead of queue.
Then try to send again to a specific person.

When you send to a specific person, you have to make sure the sender email is allowed in Amazon SES.

Joey

Yes. In the configuration I have it set as immediate shipping.

Regarding Amazon Joey, I don’t know where I can look at what you’re telling me.

Diego

Looks like a DNS settings problem + SES config problem.
I’m guessing your old email delivery path is still working and the new SES config is not perfect yet, hence when you change DNS settings back to the old path it works again…

If you are still getting the error “Email address is not verified.” you’re going to need to verify an address or a domain.

Thanks for answering Yosu Cadilla.
The Email Domain are verified on Amazon.
The problem must be somewhere else.
Thanks for the interest.

It is curious, because from the Mautic Configuration part, where you test sending emails, it works correctly.

But instead when you enter a contact to send an email (in this test case), it never reaches the recipient

Try with one single verified address.
And use that address as the sender on Mautic.

It can also happen, that the contact is on the Email blocklist by Amazon.
Are you testing multiple addresses?

Indeed Yosu_Cadilla, you have hit the nail on the head (as we say around here).

When it is going to send an email to a single user, it takes me by default the email of the “User” with access to Mautic and this is not the same one that has been registered with Amazon.

It seems that this has been the problem.

I’m going to try segmentations, etc. to see if I find any other problem.

Thank you.

You are very welcome @diegoom.
Please mark my answer as the solution, thank you!

Sorry Josu_Cadilla, I don’t see the option.
If you tell me where it is, I’ll post it.
Thank you

I already marked it for Yosu

1 Like

Thank you! :heart_eyes:

that was the solution! regards

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.