how to solve Expected response code 250 but got code "554", with message "554 Message rejected: Emai

how to solve Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified.

i can not verify every single subscriber by amazon ses

please help me

Failed to send to davidfoad51@gmail.com: Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: davidfoad51@gmail.com " Log data: ++ Starting Swift_Transport_EsmtpTransport << 220 http://email-smtp.amazonaws.com ESMTP SimpleEmailService-1737464811 m43tq3hbH78vqMNqaQwe >> EHLO monsterz.in << http://250-email-smtp.amazonaws.com 250-8BITMIME 250-SIZE 10485760 250-STARTTLS 250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN 250 Ok >> STARTTLS << 220 Ready to start TLS >> EHLO monsterz.in << http://250-email-smtp.amazonaws.com 250-8BITMIME 250-SIZE 10485760 250-STARTTLS 250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN 250 Ok >> AUTH LOGIN << 334 VXNlcm5hbWU6 >> QUtJQUpJRkZGQ0o1RkxJMlc3VFE= << 334 UGFzc3dvcmQ6 >> QXN4ZGczcm9UYjJKNXVLdW96WTRhQXJ2ZjdwZ1h5YjQ2Y2REN3A0cm5teTg= << 235 Authentication successful. ++ Swift_Transport_EsmtpTransport started >> MAIL FROM: << 250 Ok >> RCPT TO: << 250 Ok >> DATA << 354 End data with . >> . << 554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: davidfoad51@gmail.com !! Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: davidfoad51@gmail.com " (code: 554)

Devbrat Sharma

please check the error

how to solve Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified.
i can not verify every single subscriber by amazon ses
please help me
Failed to send to davidfoad51@gmail.com: Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: davidfoad51@gmail.com " Log data: ++ Starting Swift_Transport_EsmtpTransport <> EHLO monsterz.in <> STARTTLS <> EHLO monsterz.in <> AUTH LOGIN <> QUtJQUpJRkZGQ0o1RkxJMlc3VFE= <> QXN4ZGczcm9UYjJKNXVLdW96WTRhQXJ2ZjdwZ1h5YjQ2Y2REN3A0cm5teTg= <> MAIL FROM: <> RCPT TO: <> DATA <> . << 554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: davidfoad51@gmail.com !! Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: davidfoad51@gmail.com " (code: 554)
Devbrat Sharma
please check the error

Look here: https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/871-issue-with-amazon-ses/0

Here’s the error you are getting, from SES:

To use amazon ses, you need to verify the ‘from’ address. To do that,
Click on the “Email Addresses” menu on the left.
Click on the “Verify a New Email Address” on the top.
Enter the address you would like to use as the ‘From’ address
SES will send an email to that address. (in your case ‘davidfoad51@gmail.com’)
Check your mail in your davidfoad51@gmail.com account. Open the email from SES, and click on the link. (This verifies to SES that you have permission to use that email address in the 'From" part of the header.)

Now resend your email from Mautic, and it will be accept and processed by SES.

davidfoad51@gmail.com this is not my sending email is this one the subscriber i want to send them my not by them so why i need to verify every single subscriber email id by my amazon ses sir

please help me to solve the problem

Me too. The SES email is the sender identity, not the recipient. This was a lot of work to get SES going and now I am unable to send to emails not on the verified list. I must be missing something.

@jimhill10
What is your mautic version ?
Where you install mautic?
Your mautic self hosted or cloud?
Have you set up cron jobs ?

Thanks for looking into this. This is self hosted, Mautic v2.12.0. PHP 7.1. I just upgraded manually yesterday from the previous dot release. Yes, all CRON jobs are working and set up fine. It all worked great on the previous version. Amazon SES is attempting to send the mail using the recipient address, not the specified sender. I can send a test email just fine from the configuration panel. But when I go to contacts and select contact with email "jimhill10@gmail.com" and send them an email I get this error from SES, which also shows in the Mautic system log.

Failed to send to jimhill10@gmail.com: Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: jimhill10@gmail.com "

@jimhill10 email setting and configuration din’t set it up properly ,where i can get access ?

Here is the log from just now. I tried to send to two contacts. Like I said, this was all working before the upgrade.

[2017-12-12 08:50:43] mautic.ERROR: [MAIL ERROR] Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: bonanzawizard@yahoo.com " Log data: ++ Starting MauticEmailBundleSwiftmailerTransportAmazonTransport <> EHLO learn.ufcinc.com <> STARTTLS <> EHLO learn.ufcinc.com <> AUTH LOGIN <> QUtJQUlWTjRLTFpEU1NSRUJXUUE= <> QW9OZEFJQzQxcTduc0h0bXJLd2RlVFNGaHZyZmNQM2lhU1FVUllBVVgvQ3g= <> MAIL FROM: <> RCPT TO: <> DATA <> . << 554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: bonanzawizard@yahoo.com !! Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: bonanzawizard@yahoo.com " (code: 554) (send); bonanzawizard@yahoo.com [] []
[2017-12-12 08:55:54] mautic.ERROR: [MAIL ERROR] Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: jimhill10@gmail.com " Log data: ++ Starting MauticEmailBundleSwiftmailerTransportAmazonTransport <> EHLO learn.ufcinc.com <> STARTTLS <> EHLO learn.ufcinc.com <> AUTH LOGIN <> QUtJQUlWTjRLTFpEU1NSRUJXUUE= <> QW9OZEFJQzQxcTduc0h0bXJLd2RlVFNGaHZyZmNQM2lhU1FVUllBVVgvQ3g= <> MAIL FROM: <> RCPT TO: <> DATA <> . << 554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: jimhill10@gmail.com !! Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: jimhill10@gmail.com " (code: 554) (send); jimhill10@gmail.com [] []
[2017-12-12 09:03:09] mautic.ERROR: [MAIL ERROR] Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: jimhill10@gmail.com " Log data: ++ Starting MauticEmailBundleSwiftmailerTransportAmazonTransport <> EHLO learn.ufcinc.com <> STARTTLS <> EHLO learn.ufcinc.com <> AUTH LOGIN <> QUtJQUlWTjRLTFpEU1NSRUJXUUE= <> QW9OZEFJQzQxcTduc0h0bXJLd2RlVFNGaHZyZmNQM2lhU1FVUllBVVgvQ3g= <> MAIL FROM: <> RCPT TO: <> DATA <> . << 554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: jimhill10@gmail.com !! Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: jimhill10@gmail.com " (code: 554) (send); jimhill10@gmail.com [] []
[2017-12-12 09:26:55] mautic.ERROR: [MAIL ERROR] Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: jimhill10@gmail.com " Log data: ++ Starting MauticEmailBundleSwiftmailerTransportAmazonTransport <> EHLO learn.ufcinc.com <> STARTTLS <> EHLO learn.ufcinc.com <> AUTH LOGIN <> QUtJQUlWTjRLTFpEU1NSRUJXUUE= <> QW9OZEFJQzQxcTduc0h0bXJLd2RlVFNGaHZyZmNQM2lhU1FVUllBVVgvQ3g= <> MAIL FROM: <> RCPT TO: <> DATA <> . << 554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: jimhill10@gmail.com !! Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: jimhill10@gmail.com " (code: 554) (send); jimhill10@gmail.com [] []
[2017-12-12 09:27:40] mautic.ERROR: [MAIL ERROR] Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: jimhill10@gmail.com " Log data: ++ Starting MauticEmailBundleSwiftmailerTransportAmazonTransport <> EHLO learn.ufcinc.com <> STARTTLS <> EHLO learn.ufcinc.com <> AUTH LOGIN <> QUtJQUlWTjRLTFpEU1NSRUJXUUE= <> QW9OZEFJQzQxcTduc0h0bXJLd2RlVFNGaHZyZmNQM2lhU1FVUllBVVgvQ3g= <> MAIL FROM: <> RCPT TO: <> DATA <> . << 554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: jimhill10@gmail.com !! Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: jimhill10@gmail.com " (code: 554) (send); jimhill10@gmail.com [] []
[2017-12-12 09:28:40] mautic.ERROR: [MAIL ERROR] Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: jimhill10@gmail.com " Log data: ++ Starting MauticEmailBundleSwiftmailerTransportAmazonTransport <> EHLO learn.ufcinc.com <> STARTTLS <> EHLO learn.ufcinc.com <> AUTH LOGIN <> QUtJQUlWTjRLTFpEU1NSRUJXUUE= <> QW9OZEFJQzQxcTduc0h0bXJLd2RlVFNGaHZyZmNQM2lhU1FVUllBVVgvQ3g= <> MAIL FROM: <> RCPT TO: <> DATA <> . << 554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: jimhill10@gmail.com !! Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1: jimhill10@gmail.com " (code: 554) (send); jimhill10@gmail.com [] []

@jimhill10 how did you updated ?

Can you confirm that your Amazon SES account is out of sandbox?

check your domain email is is verfified with AWS and i also would like to tell you mautic does not support gmail email id.

Did you find a solution to this problem. As I am having the same issue.
(Expected response code 250 but got code “554”, with message "554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified.)

The email is being sent from the contact and saying it is not verified.

I am sending the contact an email. There would be no way for me to verify the contact email address.

While you are in the AWS sandbox, you can only send emails TO addresses that have been verified. The Mautic “Send test email” button sends a test email to the currently logged in user. Make sure that user’s email address is an SES verified email and not the default “user@example.com”.

1 Like