Can’t afford Mautic any more

Sometimes decisions need to be made: Bye bye Mautic.

I can’t see, that this horse recovers, riding a dying one doesn’t make sense any more. At least to me.

I’m not repeating all the dozens of similar posts here. To me Mautic pretends a lot, but doesn’t deliver. What made me switching off the small system was that it just lost all contacts. What made me deciding to completely go away from Mautic even with the big system over the next month is that from my observation the whole project isn’t set up for winning.

In this Forum we have lots of enthusiastic users. I don’t see much interaction from the developers’ side or from the project management. And the result is a system with always new functionalities. Understandable, developing new stuff is much more exciting. The users-side gets more and more desperate because the core functionalities are not stabile (and even that varies from version to version), each update is a d**n high risk and things like RSS triggers or even Backup is nowhere.

That is the crux: Mautic is a nice developer toy. I don’t blame them, this is absolutely normal to do the exciting new function rather than debugging the old stuff. But this leads into burning the whole idea, I can’t see that Development and Usersbase are connected.

Therefore no one seriously can recommend using Mautic for Production.

I hate that I need to go away. This is a ton of effort and I still like the idea of having a WordPress-like Mail marketing System. But Mautic is lightyears away from this and I don’t see a change in the project since a year or so.

Mautic today is by far too expensive.

Good luck everyone

OLAF

Sometimes decisions need to be made: Bye bye Mautic.

I can’t see, that this horse recovers, riding a dying one doesn’t make sense any more. At least to me.

I’m not repeating all the dozens of similar posts here. To me Mautic pretends a lot, but doesn’t deliver. What made me switching off the small system was that it just lost all contacts. What made me deciding to completely go away from Mautic even with the big system over the next month is that from my observation the whole project isn’t set up for winning.

In this Forum we have lots of enthusiastic users. I don’t see much interaction from the developers’ side or from the project management. And the result is a system with always new functionalities. Understandable, developing new stuff is much more exciting. The users-side gets more and more desperate because the core functionalities are not stabile (and even that varies from version to version), each update is a d**n high risk and things like RSS triggers or even Backup is nowhere.

That is the crux: Mautic is a nice developer toy. I don’t blame them, this is absolutely normal to do the exciting new function rather than debugging the old stuff. But this leads into burning the whole idea, I can’t see that Development and Usersbase are connected.
Therefore no one seriously can recommend using Mautic for Production.

I hate that I need to go away. This is a ton of effort and I still like the idea of having a WordPress-like Mail marketing System. But Mautic is lightyears away from this and I don’t see a change in the project since a year or so.

Mautic today is by far too expensive.

Good luck everyone
OLAF

Hey Olaf what happend mate?
I cant be the only one that have Mautic working i understand that some features are still not aviable (beliveme RSS is important to me) but so far i manage to deal with about the backup i also have this automate already and working let me know if i can help you i think you still have my Skype info.

Hello @olafdammann, sorry that you are having issues. I’m assuming all the issues you’ve experienced have been posted to Github? You’ve been such a great contributor in the forums. Clearly your latest issue was a challenge. I’m assuming your host had backups running? Is there no way to restore it? Odd to think that the DB would randomly find itself empty.

All, it seems we unfortunately go round in circles with this.

I am back in the saddle with an earlier project, and am hoping to:

• Get user journeys working the way I want (various reminders be sent automatically based on user interactions with a progressive profiling form),
  • Track their behaviour over time,
  • Allow users to readily send newsletters to segments.

I feel Olaf’s pain as I’ve had many issues getting things to work in Mautic. However, it does feel like it is slowly getting more stable, and that the features that are there are getting more usable.

Regards
Jo

@ninjoan : Dude, my 2.8.2-Mautic lost all its contacts from a night to the other. That was the last drop.
@jseevers : The Loosing-Contacts hasn’t and I will not.

I use ActiveCampaign again. Back in the days I moved over to Mautic 1.something from it, THIS is so powerfull. Mautic’s Workflowbuilder is similar, and since 2.5 stabile. Point given. Sadly enough I am not brave enough to update, because I expect the worst and read terrible Update-results here.

@JoPitts : I soooooo hope, that the Project turns in the right direction. Away from another, even more fancy feature that last time, back to make this thing rocksolid.

And I must admit, I doubt it. Since so long these toppics are here in the forum. Then we saw some releases that where meant to be pure bugfixes. And it sounded like these where only made, to keep the kidds clam. I don’t read anything! from the Projectmanagement here. No interaction with the usersbase just leads into fancy Tech-Prototypes but useless for Operations.

I hope, realty will prove me wrong.

OLAF

Me too i had soooo many issues with Mautic and i agree, first they have to keep it simple and fix all the bugs then focus on next feature.
Make it stable for production and then focus on more features