I Want to Believe (on Mautic)

Dear Developer Team,

I’m an ex-developer and ex-leader of opensource projects, but today as an entrepreneur and internet marketer, I must assume that it’s a bit risky to run the Mautic on production business.

I do not feel 100% sure about recommending Mautic as the digital business base of anyone who is starting out and who lacks technical expertise, just because Mautic has a lot of bugs in version 2.5.

Of course we can and should be tolerant of opensource software but the brain of its process of markerketing and sales can not tolerate errors and here, it can be asserted of saying that cheap can be expensive.

Sending emails to customers that should be for leads, sending multiple campaign emails one after the other, sending unpublished segment emails to new leads … it is really complicated.

I love the power of Mautic in front of competitors but I confess I miss the security I had when using commercial tools.

I have zero loyalty to any vendor, and I’ve give more chances to Mautic than I’ve ever done for comercial tools.

My relationship with Mautic is in crisis and I really want to save this relationship, who knows in version 2.6 …

And I just writing this, because I still believe in better days, I really want it to just me more stable, not with more features (the are amazing).

And I can not avoid the opportunity to congrats you guys by the hard work.

My best regards

Igor

Dear Developer Team,

I’m an ex-developer and ex-leader of opensource projects, but today as an entrepreneur and internet marketer, I must assume that it’s a bit risky to run the Mautic on production business.

I do not feel 100% sure about recommending Mautic as the digital business base of anyone who is starting out and who lacks technical expertise, just because Mautic has a lot of bugs in version 2.5.

Of course we can and should be tolerant of opensource software but the brain of its process of markerketing and sales can not tolerate errors and here, it can be asserted of saying that cheap can be expensive.

Sending emails to customers that should be for leads, sending multiple campaign emails one after the other, sending unpublished segment emails to new leads … it is really complicated.

I love the power of Mautic in front of competitors but I confess I miss the security I had when using commercial tools.

I have zero loyalty to any vendor, and I’ve give more chances to Mautic than I’ve ever done for comercial tools.

My relationship with Mautic is in crisis and I really want to save this relationship, who knows in version 2.6 …

And I just writing this, because I still believe in better days, I really want it to just me more stable, not with more features (the are amazing).

And I can not avoid the opportunity to congrats you guys by the hard work.

My best regards
Igor

Yes bugs is not fun to have in a production environment, but report your bugs to github here https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues
And deploy the fixes that are ready https://github.com/mautic/mautic/milestone/25

Another suggestion is to improve on basic but essential features before adding “nice to have” but not “must have” features.
Currently, campaign reporting is weak, some might even say inadequate; there is no built-in two-step opt-in; scheduling a campaign is a pain to do, etc.

perfect @imautic I want to contribute as a tester and I will do it. Thanks

On the other hand, I feel like this community (forum) is something that was established and, then, just let growing organically by itself. Namely, I feel like not receiving enough feedback on issues by developers themselves. Of course, we’re a community and noone is obliged to do anything, yet I feel that for such a promising product with great market potential involvement should be higher also in these community circles. If I were behind Mautic, I would consider investing more developer time in contributing in this community forum as well. Maybe I am just not seeing this, sorry in such case.

I try to help other forum users where I see problems I have already solved. Also, I try to share my workarounds or solutions (like the one where I used Mailgun’s webhook to generate an event in Mautic when an email is replied to but received no feedback whatsoever).

Again, I think Mautic is marvelous. I understand (and try to imagine) how much hard work has been put into this, and I can see improvements through versions. Yet there are things that bother me, similarly like Igor is being bothered by bugs, and I believe if we discuss it, things may get better.

Thumbs up.

D.

I understand. I do, however, not understand why they don’t take advantage of the feedback received in here.

Best,
D