Change Mysql user password, where does it go mautic-side?

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.4
My PHP version is: 8.0
My Database type and version is: 8.0.31-0ubuntu0.22.04.1 Mysql

Your problem
My problem is: I don’t know where mautic stores the database password it uses

These errors are showing in the log:
NA
Steps I have tried to fix the problem:
NA

Due to the lastpass security issue I am changing all passwords that were in lastpass. The Mysql account that mautic uses is in there.

I know how to change a mysql account password, but I’m not sure where to replace the old password in mautic ( I recall I had to make a mysql user for mautic when I installed it).

Where can I reset this password for mautic once I’ve changed it in mysql?

Thank you!

Hey there,

A few things.

First I would be wary of running on 22.04 with php8.0. Just from bad experience Mautic did not run well in that environment, if you are stuck on the latest ubuntu 22.04, I would look at downgrading php to 7.4. you will save yourself a lot of headache in the future.

Ahh, sorry just read the title of your post - this is stored in /var/www/mautic/app/config/local.php file. This will hold your database name, password and username.

Now regarding password reset and where it sits, are you talking about your user account in Mautic ? if this is the case and you can login, you can do it from the interface in the top right part of the screen on your name, dropdown and to your account.

If you are looking at changing this inside the database, you would be looking for the table called users. This holds all the system users and their details along with hashed password.

I meant database credentials, not a user password.

Thanks, I think that answers it though. DB creds are stored in /var/www/mautic/app/config/local.php file