Click on email automatically unsubscribing contact

Your software
My Mautic version is:
My PHP version is:
My Database type and version is:

Your problem
My problem is:

I have an email in a campaign - that everyone who clicked on it, was unsubscribed automatically at the same time. I don’t know why this is happening. My email system is sendgrid.

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:

checking the code

That is very strange indeed. Have you checked your activity logs in SendGrid to see if maybe SendGrid is bouncing them or blocking the sending ?

Is this happening with only a specific email or with all your emails ?

Have you run a test to yourself (to a separate email address and when not logged into mautic) and see if you have similar behaviour ?

Hopefully these steps can help with starting to debug the problem

Hi Mike,

I did some more testing and research and I think I found the problem - spam filters that click all links

that would explain all the links being clicked and the one-click unsubscribe button that mautic provides.

so now I have 2 issues:

1. how to remove the one-click unsubscribe button
  2. how to “fool” the spam filters so that they don’t mess the click rates and actions?

Maybe I should open a new topic and share with the team.

Hi

To answer your questions:

1. You could set up a campaign for the unsubscribe. So what you would do here is have a link to a landing page where you would give the person the option to opt-out (you can also use a preferences LP here). and on clicked/ submit take them to a thank you page/ sorry to see you leverage, inside the campaign you would have a decision if landed on page (you can also add referral from page) and then an action to add Do Not Contact

2. I am not sure how you could do this, maybe with points for each click and to somehow use a campaign to check the number of points and if points is greater than 5 to flag these people with a tag…
    Interesting to hear other thoughts on this.

to solve the unsubscribe issue, i created a new preference page with a manual form.

the other issue of link clicking - I don’t know. maybe adding some sort of re-captcha in the email - open to ideas.