Community Team definition & call for members

Based on the work carried out in the Mautic Community Summit last week to implement the proposed Governance Structure, please find below the definition for the Community Team.

Would you like to be involved in this team? Add a comment on this thread!

The first meeting will be organised for w/c 11th November 2019.

Mission and expectations

We want to have more and more people who are contributing to Mautic.

General Tasks

• Grow the Community - global and local engagement
  • Increase active contribution
  • Facilitate communication and contribution

Sample activities

General

• Improve global community infrastructure, rearrange forums, etc
  • Ownership of the m.mautic.org Mautic instance
  • “Events” page to list local and global events

But also

• Understand community personas
  • Promote and help building a business on Mautic, and explain active contribution as an important element of it
  • Find, grow and support ambassadors

Global Communities

• Make global community more accessible, give transparency on tasks/actors/processes, and provide easy starting points
  • Reach out to previously active contributors, try to reactivate them
    Including: WHAT is the message? WHAT are the channels?
  • Reach out to existing passive community members, try to activate them
  • Organize global events
  • Develop an easy path from local community to global contribution

Local Communities

• Know and work with all local communities (even Facebook/LinkedIn groups etc.)
  • Define and support official ways for building local communities (and steer existing ones to becoming official, plus inspire new ones) , help them to network and learn from each other
  • Web page that identifies official local communities, and where to find them
  • Help local events (material, speakers, tools, best practices, …)
  • Identify per-region “liaisons”, especially in countries where Mautic is not known (not the same as ambassadors!), and establish ways of working with them, without potential others from the region being demotivated or shied away.
  • Select priority regions and work actively to spark local communities there

Profiles of contributors needed in this team

• Everyone who is enthusiastic enough
  • As ambassadors: People in different countries who are already well-connected through other activities, and have a broad understanding of Mautic’s facets (both from the user’s and from the MarTech and even dev side, but no actual dev knowledge required)
  • Define what we call people who start or lead a community in a certain country

P.S. Definitions

Who is Community member?

Everyone who

• Contributed code or content to Mautic
  • Visited a website to ask for Mautic support
  • Is interested in Mautic, even without ever contributing!

What is contribution?

• All contributions are important for the success of the project, since contributions by newcomers might lead to happy and dedicated core contributors.
  • This includes mentions like “It doesn’t work on my server” which too is a valuable contribution – the underlying message being e.g. “improve documentation”.
  • Even failed contributions are essential, because of how much we can learn when we fail. Contribution from newcomers is especially valuable, because they see the project with fresh eyes.

Would you like to be involved in this team?

:point_down: Add a comment below!

:calendar: The first meeting will be w/c 11th November 2019

:white_check_mark: Please provide your availability on this Doodle poll.

:telephone_receiver: The call will be on Jitsi using this persistent URL: Jitsi Meet

3 Likes

I am very happy if given the opportunity to be able to contribute, offered to raise Mautic in Indonesia.

I have started Mautic in Indonesia for 2 years, through an online class that I built.

I’m in! Just filled in the Doodle, but it turns out that among the given options that I can only make it today… sorry for the short notice.

I can extend the available times by a week on the doodle poll if that helps?

I think that’s a good idea, also to give the call for participation more visibility :slight_smile:

Hi Fianbiasa, so great to have you on board! Could you please take the look at the Doodle poll (https://doodle.com/poll/f8mdwtrcg4bp2m4c) - are there any slots that would suit you?

Hi,
Happy to join the team and contribute towards building the community.

I’m willing to help out with shaping and growing the community like before.

1 Like

Like @floris wrote, the same is true for me. Want to help to grow mautic in Austria too.

I’ve selected today at 4pm as the time given we can all make that time!

1 Like

@rcheesley @kenm @fianbiasa @floris @grienauer Suggested Agenda:

1. Introductions
  2. What happened so far
  3. Simplified Governance model
  4. Review of Team document (mission, areas of work, sample tasks, interconnection to other teams)
  5. Tools for this team (Task management, Forum, Slack, …)
  6. Process for determination of team leads
  7. First work items
  8. Next call
1 Like

Here’s the link folks, do come and join! https://meet.jit.si/Mautic-Community-Team

Sorry, lately I was out of town to build relationships and teach Mautic in the company of my friend.

so I rarely see notifications in emails.

fast respond path:

what date is the meeting held?

Hi folks,

We have rescheduled the meeting to 27th November with the proposed agenda here:

Community Team Meeting Agenda: 27th November 2019